Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? Do you want to be part of a newly formed organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world? If so, the Amazon supply chain team is looking for an experienced leader with a strong record of achieving results, to create and execute a worldwide Amazon supply chain. They will work closely with our retail and operations partners across the globe in order to effectively manage volume flows and fullness for our fulfillment centers and delivery stations.
Amazon obsesses over customers by offering a white glove service where we deliver TVs and other large items like furniture in customers' homes. Not only do we deliver large parcels, we unpack, assemble, install, test (when necessary) and haul away old items as needed.
As an Amazon Data Business Intelligence Engineer you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing applications. You should be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions. Above all you should be passionate about bringing large datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
* Design automated solutions for recurrent reporting (daily/weekly/monthly).
* Design automated processes for in-depth analysis databases.
* Design automated data control processes.
* Collaborate with the software development team to build the designed solutions.
* Learn, publish, analyze and improve management information dashboards, operational business metrics decks and key performance indicators.
* Improve tools, processes, scale existing solutions, create new solutions as required based on stakeholder needs.
* Provide in-depth analysis to management with the support of accounting, finance, transportation and supply chain teams.
* Participate in annual budgeting and forecasting efforts.
* Perform monthly variance analysis and identify risks & opportunities.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.