Love comics, manga or graphic novels? Come be a leader at comiXology and Kindle, and impact the world of comics!
Are you obsessed with the power of data to inform high impact decisions? If you know and love working with business intelligence tools and can partner with stakeholders to answer burning business questions, this may be the right next role for you.
As the Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, you will own our analytical tools, and build new business intelligence solutions end-to-end. You'll work directly across all teams to provide valuable data-driven insights and recommendations. You will create reporting and analysis that the business will use to measure all aspects of operational performance and cost, and drive both incremental improvement to existing tools and processes and large scale changes in our tools, UI, processes and overall ops organization. You will create standard metrics reporting and deliver on ad hoc requests.
You will flex across core operational metrics and consumer behavior metrics - linking the two and bringing proactive points of view to comics leadership, frequently before being prompted. In addition to leading the design, development, and management of our analytical tools and reporting, we will look to this person to provide thought leadership and business analysis support as needed. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong business acumen, experience in developing reporting and analytical infrastructures, strong communication skills, an ability to work effectively with cross functional teams in a fast paced environment and highly ambiguous work space.
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of scalable solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to support analytical and business needs.
* Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting. Specifically, own all SQL, Tableau, Perl and UNIX functions - ad hoc, recurring, trouble-shooting.
* Quickly build a thorough understanding of Amazon tools, synching Kindle and comiXology best practices and leveraging internal processes from other functions as well.
* Work with team leadership to understand customer needs and concerns as well as define solutions.
* Translate basic business problem statements into analysis requirements. Work with internal customers to define best output based on expressed stakeholder needs.
* Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
* Design and drive experiments, A/B testing, outlier deep dives and form actionable recommendations. Manage the implementation of those recommendations.
* Write queries and output efficiently, and have in-depth knowledge of the data available in area of expertise. Pull the data needed with standard query syntax; periodically identify more advanced methods of query optimization. Convert data to make it analysis-ready.
* Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
* Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines.
* Serve as a senior SME and mentor for Tableau and SQL, including helping teams become more self-sufficient with scripted requests.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.