At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and visionary people. We are looking for a highly analytical Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Systems and Data Solutions team.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will generate insights that will guide operational excellence and business strategy for our customers. Data analysis is at the core Amazon's culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for our organization. You will be gathering customer insights, mining data, making recommendations, and helping senior leaders make key business decisions. You will have the opportunity to work with large and diverse data sets to gather insights using data from across AWS Infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen and judgment, intense curiosity, strong technical skills, and superior written and verbal communication skills.
They will have a strong bias toward data driven decision making. They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big and be creative (while paying careful attention to detail). Enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. If you are excited about data, are results oriented, and want to join a growing analytics team within Amazon, this role is for you.
* Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support the needs of the business.
* Partner with business and technical teams to consult, develop and implement KPI's, automated reporting/process solutions, ad-hoc analyses, and data infrastructure improvements to meet business needs.
* Apply deep analytic and business intelligence skill to extract meaningful insight and learning from large and complicated data sets.
* Serve as liaison between the business and technical teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current business performance, and ad hoc investigations to support future improvements or innovations. This will require data gathering and manipulation, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
* Be hands-on with SQL to build analyses and contribute to the better understanding of the business
* Build various data visualizations to tell the story of business trends, patterns, and outliers through rich visualizations
* Help guide the direction and build the future of our metrics and reporting
* Design and develop weekly, monthly, and quarterly dashboards, scorecards and reporting for the business
* Work closely with various stakeholders to define the information needed and how best to present it
* Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.