The Brand Program is a new, strategic initiative to improve the customer shopping experience for brands selling direct on Amazon. One of the goals of the Brand Program is to ensure that 3P Brands achieve the same Customer Experience Bar as Retail, as measured by Price Competitive Fast-Track Instock and Selection coverage. The Brand Program gives Brands access to unique benefits and tools to help them grow their business and achieve this CX bar, at scale, without the manual intervention traditionally provided by Retail. As Brands become an ever larger part of the customer experience on Amazon, our challenge is to develop scalable mechanisms to ensure that Brands keep their items price competitive, sell their whole assortment, stay Instock, and participate in Prime.
To succeed in this vision, we need to deeply understand the data that drives Brands' behavior, quantify the impact of our initiatives, and develop analytical tools to help Brands succeed.
This position requires excellent statistical and analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions and data engineering practices, and proven ability to collaborate across teams. The ideal candidate exhibits strong ownership, a passion for the details, and the ability to identify and clearly communicate insights. We're looking for someone who is curious, tenacious and excited to do big things.
As a BIE on the Brand Program team, you will be expected to:
* Work with extremely large datasets and manipulate/mine data from database tables (Redshift)
* Create automated metrics using complex databases
* Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
* Automate reporting with a combination of SQL, Excel, and BI tools like Tableau
* Develop new metrics to track our business and uncover previously unforeseen trends
* Manage and execute entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations
* Seek opportunities to inject advanced analytical techniques into our evaluation on Brands CX performance
* Support the development of targeted recommendations for Brands
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.