Do you want to create the next generation data systems that can handle billions of dollars in transactions? Interested to build highly scalable next generation systems that could utilize Amazon Cloud?
Massive data volume + complex business rules in a highly distributed and service oriented architecture = a world class information collection and delivery challenge. Our challenge is to deliver the software systems which accurately capture, process, and report on the huge volume of financial and operational transactions that are generated each day as millions of customers make purchases, as inventory moves in and out of warehouses, as our associates receive, pick, pack and ship to our customers worldwide
Amazon's North American Customer Fulfillment (NACF) organization fulfills customer orders throughout Canada, the United States and Mexico leveraging the hard work of thousands of our associates and our robotics technologies. As a Business Intelligence Engineer with NACF Fulfillment, you will help identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve Operations and Finance facing systems and tools. You will be responsible for modeling complex/abstract problems and discovering insights through the use of statistical, data mining and visualization techniques. Further, you will help automate processes by developing deep-dive tools, UIs, metrics, and dashboards to communicate these insights in real time to the business teams. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with internal end-users, cross-functional software development teams, and technical support/sustaining engineering teams to solve problems, and implement new solutions.
The complexity of research and skills for this role is well beyond basic data entry and research. It involves complex analysis and diving deep into key metrics based on requests, building and maintaining multiple databases, knowledge of software applications to create tools, and understanding of multiple programming languages.
The following provides some detail of the job duties and responsibilities.
* Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
* Manipulate/mine data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, Oracle) using SQL.
* Manipulate/mine data from log files by writing scripts (ex. PERL, Python, UNIX)
* Develop analytical tools: deep-dive tools, UIs, metrics, and dashboards
* Perform deep-dives and root cause analysis to answer business questions
* Effectively communicate (written and verbal) solutions and methodologies to senior leadership
* Work with engineering teams to enable the appropriate capture and storage of data.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.