What are we working on at Mede? Have you seen the commercials about cloud and analytics on TV, in Airports, even at sporting events? Blazing fast graphics flying by, users smiling and cheering as their data comes to life!!! The voice-over talking about how insights and artificial intelligence are now changing the world?
At Mede/Analytics, we have been solving these problems in the real-world for 14 years. Our healthcare payers and providers are the Who's-Who of industry leaders. They already use Mede's next generation platform daily to solve real world problems not just what the TV commercials show: real patients, real populations, real customers, and amazing agile teams, with simple but potent, clean, and intuitive visualizations.
We are looking for teammates to take on challenging problems in building massively scalable, highly reliable, geo-redundant, batch and real-time services. To be a successful candidate, you should have a proven record at building simplified models around a complex system.
We use exciting new development tools that keep your skills current. If there's not a solution out there, we make our own. We're not taking the well-worn road. We have an opportunity to re-invent the medium, and we couldn't be more enthusiastic about it.
Essential Education, Experience and Interests:
* Must possess knowledge and experience with MS SQL Server or Oracle, IIS, SSRS, OLAP, ROLAP. Experience with HP Vertica and Mondrian preferred.
* Must possess experience with Linux.
* Proficient in ETL and hands-on experience with one of the ETL tools (such as SSIS, Kettle or Talend). Must be able to construct and troubleshoot very complex queries and handling big data (Data transfer, import/export, storage, performance and security).
* Ability to work effectively in a team.
* Results-oriented, self-motivated and quick-learner.
* Good interpersonal (both oral and written) communication skills.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent is required; advanced degree (MS) a plus.
* 3+ years of hands on experience with data warehouse design, development, and deployment.
* 2+ years of SaaS or cloud software development experience.
* 2+ years of experience with SSRS.
* Familiar with Scrum methodology and Agile process.
* Familiar with healthcare workflow and coding systems (CPT, HCPCS, ICD, HL7, etc).
* Knowledge with statistics methods, machine learning algorithms and data mining skills
* Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Collect, clean and transform data from disparate sources for Business Intelligence.
* Responsible for creating and maintaining systems that leverage BI and big data analytics technologies.
* Work with business analysts in analyzing business requirements.
* Work with engineers and product teams distributed across multiple locations.
* Effectively document and communicate results
* Stay up to date on current trends in big data analytics and healthcare
Other duties as required by business conditions or as assigned
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near office equipment (telephone, computer) and other employees. The employee works in normal office conditions where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, etc. Verbal and written communication, telephone usage, filing, sitting, typing, driving, reading and carrying required to perform the essential functions of this job.