Logistics done differently.
At XPO, we believe that knowledge is power. As the Business Intelligence Engineer - Azure Stack, you will drive our strategy for business intelligence (BI) solutions and reporting tools. You'll be capturing and analyzing the data that ensures we stay at the top of our industry. On our team, you'll have the support to excel and the resources to build a career you'll be proud of. If you're looking for an outstanding growth opportunity, you've found what you're looking for with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
* Collaborate with a team of BI developers focused on implementing the next generation of data-driven BI solutions
* Analyze large data sets of structured data to discover trends and develop methods to leverage that knowledge within our line of business; develop end-to-end analytics solutions
* Work within a matrix organization and coordinate with multiple teams both on-site and offshore
* Identify the business and technical impacts of user requirements and incorporate them into the project schedule
* Participate in development optimization for reporting tools through modeling, simulation and analysis
* Implement ETL processes using Microsoft SSIS, Azure Data Factory and custom Spark Scripts
* Develop BI solutions using Microsoft stack and tools, such as HD Insights, Data Bricks, Cosmos DB and Azure Analysis Services; write optimized SQL and MDX queries to support both ETL and data visualization
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
* 5 years of experience in BI and analytics
* Hands-on experience with business intelligence, data architecting, data mining, large scale data modeling and business requirements gathering/analysis
* Experience with data integration tools, such as SSIS or PDI; experience building real-time or near real-time BI solutions
* Proven background in the design and implementation of large-scale, complex, global custom application development systems, e.g., high transaction volumes
* Experience with designing feature-rich interactive data visualizations using tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Birst, HTML and Angular; experience with OLAP cubes and MDX queries
* Advanced SQL query capabilities
It'd be great if you also have:
* Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science
* Product development background
* Experience with cloud services within Azure stack and tools, such as HD Insights, Data Bricks, Cosmos DB and Azure Analysis Services
* Experience with cloud-based data integration tools, such as Azure Data Factory
* Experience working on embedded analytics and self-service BI; experience with R programming and other similar tools, SQL Server administration in a clustered environment with replication
* Experience in SQL Server performance tuning and query monitoring
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with a solid attention to detail and accuracy; advanced analytical skills with the ability to identify patterns within the data and write predictive algorithms and statistical analyses
* Understanding of the agile methodology; working experience on a scrum team
* Exposure to continuous integration/continuous delivery tools; working knowledge of big data technologies
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We're the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we're just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply now "