Within Amazon's Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A), we enjoy a unique vantage point into everything happening within Amazon. As part of that, this role would be part of a team that is responsible for Company's enterprise-wide financial planning & analytics environment.
* Are you excited about working directly to empower users?
* Love to get your hands dirty and solve challenging technical issues?
This opportunity is a great fit for someone with Business Intelligence modeling, Data Engineering architecture design experience and is eager for an opportunity to contribute to all aspects of an enterprise-scale data & analytics software system.
The data flowing through our platform directly contributes to decision-making by our CFO and all levels of finance leadership. If you're passionate about building tools that enhance productivity, improve financial accuracy, reduce waste, and improve work-life harmony for a large and rapidly growing finance user base, come join us!
Responsibilities of this position include:
* Provide on-line reporting and analysis and a logical abstraction layer against large, multi-dimensional datasets and multiple sources. Gather business and functional requirements and translate these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture.
* Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms and make appropriate implementation trade-off decisions. Write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects.
* Understand the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties, and dependencies of your team's software, including hardware platform, operating system and build dependencies.
* Report on the status of projects in a timely and accurate fashion using available metrics. Take ownership of problems, propose solutions, and either take ownership for their resolution or ensure a clear hand-off to the right owner.
* Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
* Participate in the full development life cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery, support, and maintenance.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.