Heidrick & Struggles is a premier provider of executive search, leadership assessment and development, organization and team effectiveness, and culture shaping services globally. In our more than 60 year history, we have conducted some of the most high-profile C-suite and board-level searches in the world.
Today, we are working with our clients across 29 countries to help them accelerate their performance and respond with agility to new opportunities and challenges in every industry. We continue to raise the bar in serving our clients as trusted leadership advisors, and we are also providing an expanded range of data-driven, tech-enabled tools and platforms across our executive search and consulting businesses.
Managing top talent isn't just our business. It's our passion, and we are committed to investing in and developing the careers of our own people.
We look for people with experience from a variety of industries and diverse educational backgrounds who are passionate about partnering with innovative and influential organizations and share our commitment to our purpose - to help our clients change the world, one leadership team at a time.
If you're ready to start or grow your career with us, learn more about our available opportunities at our website.
Our Data Services team is seeking a Business Intelligence Developer to be responsible for the development of business intelligence tools such as interactive reporting, self-service dashboards, and data visualization. We work in a fast-paced environment that is hungry for analytics and insights. This team member will have strong data visualization skills, have developed dashboards that facilitate data driven decision-making, have a passion for data, and is always looking to make improvements.
* Directly works with internal business partners in understanding their data needs and transforms requirements into reporting/data visualization.
* Works independently on end-to-end development/modification of new/existing reports and dashboards, utilizing the Microsoft Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Power BI and other data technologies.
* Identify the most impactful layout and presentation of key metrics and translates that vision into easy to use self-service reports or dashboards.
* Supporting implemented BI solutions by: monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, monitoring performance and communicating functional and technical issues.
* Document specifications for business intelligence reports, dashboards, or other outputs.
* Write data warehouse and ETL reporting requirements.
* Conduct or coordinate tests to ensure that intelligence is consistent with defined needs.
* Ensure the generation of standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, business users and other stakeholders within Heidrick & Struggles.
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to design and implement a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast moving environment.
* A bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or an equivalent experience/training
* 7+ years of hands on development experience with Microsoft Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
* 5+ years of experience with or knowledge of other BI reporting tools like Power BI, SAS and/or Tableau using industry best practices (Power BI is preferred).
* Experience using Power BI, Tableau or any other tool to create dashboards and scorecards
* Experience packaging and deploying global BI Solutions for both analytical but also for real-time decision support and simulation business models.
* Excellent demonstrated advanced knowledge in an enterprise-class RDBMS and SQL
* Ability to comprehend complex technology and business problems
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a global team
* Ability to learn new concepts and apply them to solutions
* Demonstrated advanced knowledge in building, debugging and maintaining mission critical enterprise applications.
* B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
* 10+ years development experience
* 2-3 years of Implementation, Design, and Configuration experience within Salesforce.
* MCSA: BI Reporting, SQL 2016 BI Development
* Enterprise level IT experience in a developer role
* Demonstrated knowledge in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile)
* Experience/knowledge of SQL, Oracle Databases and/or Teradata, EDW, Data replication, Data modeling and Solution architecture
* Development experience with ETL tools preferably DBAmp, DataStage, SSIS, Informatica, Talend and MuleSoft
Heidrick & Struggles is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or citizenship status.