JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network includes an acute care hospital and more than 40 community-based clinics, including 19 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or www.teamacclaim.org.
Business Intelligence Data Architect
Description: The Business Intelligence Data Architect is responsible for assisting with the development of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) reporting strategy in support of the overall JPS reporting strategy; including overall responsibility for the design, build, and testing of Epic reporting workbench, clarity and enterprise data warehouse (EDW) reports, and providing the overall guidance and structure for creating and maintaining data solutions at JPS. The Analytics and Reporting Data Architect is responsible for establishing and maintaining a cohesive data architecture strategy for internal and external data. This role is also responsible for working with internal customers to set priorities and partner with them to provide strategic direction and optimization of assigned data needs. They bring best practice from industry resources and vendors. In addition, they support and enhance assigned data architecture providing leadership to Reporting Analysts and customers.
* Serves as a lead for the development and execution of the EMR reporting strategy & data architecture strategy, working with the Reporting Manager and Director.
* Coordinates the analysis of current state reporting requirements.
* Meets regularly with EMR Team Leads, Managers and Director to identify reporting needs & impact on data architecture.
* Coordinates input from all EMR teams related to reporting needs and availability of data for reporting.
* Defines process to identify the reporting data source based on the request type: Epic Workbench, Clarity, Data Warehouse, or other.
* Develops architecture documentation for the management and executive teams. Designs conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
* Analyzes structural requirements for new software and applications.
* Migrates data from legacy systems to new solutions.
* Optimize new and current database systems.
* Assists team members with data design of Clarity and Data Warehouse reports.
* Works with Sr. BI Analysts to define reporting data marts on top of the Data Warehouse to ease report development and maintenance.
* Works with the Reporting BI Manager and Infrastructure team using available tools to ensure consistency across reporting infrastructure.
* Contributes to development of projects, training and testing plans; participate in integrated testing.
* Oversees the identification and resolution of reporting related issues, and facilitate appropriate escalation of issues for timely resolution
* Monitors and manages reporting related project management tasks; Report project progress to management.
* Ensures completion and high quality of deliverables assigned to the team including but not limited to design documentation, build audits, testing plans and scripts, and activation plans.
* Reviews final product for identified functionality and completeness.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree from a 4 year College or University or equivalent
* 8 plus years of experience working as a Senior Developer/System Administrator with strong relational database SQL/T-SQL skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
* 5 plus years of related experience in a healthcare environment
* Clarity Data Model or Caboodle Data Warehouse Certification.
1400 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104