Kemper seeks to hire a skilled and motivated Business Intelligence / Data Analytics Specialist to support Personal Auto and Homeowners insurance operations. This team provides functional business knowledge and technical support to business partners in product, underwriting, operations, sales and marketing through developed and ad-hoc analysis/reports, including development and maintenance of underlying data tables to support their creation. Team also designs and programs new processes and dashboards. This position is located at our corporate headquarters in downtown Chicago, IL.
* Supports business partners through the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data using preferred BI platform
* Designs and develops new reports, dashboards, cubes, etc. to provide speed-to-data insight
* Enhances the efficiency, automation, and accuracy of existing reports
* Works cross functionally on business solutions as directed to develop and deliver sophisticated analytic solutions that support strategic business initiatives
* Follows best practices in data querying and manipulation to ensure data integrity
* Effectively communicates information to technical and non-technical audiences
* Provides support to business partners on creative analytical projects, including design of custom reports
* Subject matter expert in all aspects relating to data collection and analysis for internal customers
* 2+ years of experience in data analytics or business intelligence
* Strong knowledge of insurance products is a plus; experience in the P&C insurance industry is a strong plus
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related field
* Strong data programming, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Proficiency to read and write SQL or SAS programming language
* Strong experience in SAS Enterprise Guide, SQL Developer, and MS Excel
* Tableau experience is a plus
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
* Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
* Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
* Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
* Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
* Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
* Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
* Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper's underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward's 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
* Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
* MO +CB -ZR +GD -IN -MSJ -PT Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
* © Kemper Corporation. All rights reserved.
Kemper is a financial organization providing insurance and consumer finance solutions for individuals and small businesses.