Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, educational institutions and governments depend on AWS for secure cloud services and solutions.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst to assist with the generation, standardization, and automation of sales and operations metrics and reports. Must have advanced SQL skills.
* Understand existing databases and warehouse structures in order best determine how to consolidate and aggregate data in an efficient and scalable way. Design and code all aspects of data solutions using Amazon Redshift (SQL Server) to build out an Operations data warehouse
* Create and propose technical design documentation, which includes current and future ETL functionality, database objects affected, specifications, and flows and diagrams to detail the proposed implementation
* Monitor the backlog and ad hoc request queue along with peers to fulfill data & reporting needs for internal and external reporting in a timely manner. Become a subject matter expert in report generating best practices and be able to produce ad-hoc analyses quickly
* Identify information gaps within the organization by discussing data needs with operations and sales teams
* Analyze large data sets to identify trends, operational opportunities, client realization, and industry impact. This would also include creating forecasting models.
* Creating standardized reports around pipeline and lead generation management, revenue and quota attainment, top trending customers and sales teams, etc. Develop visualization and analytical dashboards leveraging Tableau and other such business intelligence tools to provide operational insight
This position will be based in Arlington, VA (Ballston) but may require travel to the Herndon, VA office.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.