Business Intelligence Analyst
In this meaningful role on AlixPartners' Corporate Services team, your responsibilities will include responding to data requests, assisting with pitch presentations and performing client engagement support work. This includes applying analytical skills and business understanding to a wide range of tasks, and to support business development by identifying leads, developing pitch materials and coordinating pursuit activity.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is a fulltime role with a preferred location in Dallas or Chicago, reporting to the Business Intelligence Director. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
One of the unrivaled aspects of this role is the potential future opportunity for you to transition into a client-facing consulting role after 24 months. You will gain valuable experience and training in the AlixPartners Way, the foundational elements that set our firm apart from others. You will have exposure and insight into an array of industries and services. You will select a focus area that excites you, enabling you to improve your analytical and consulting skills while engaging with client-teams as you move closer to the goal of transitioning into a highly desirable client-facing consulting role.
* Collect data and conduct research and analysis of business situations, issues and problems
* Collect and tag various documents for our Knowledge Management process
* Assist in performing comparative company benchmarking, company analysis and preliminary work-plan development supporting the pitch development process
* Work with others in keeping the lead management database up-to-date
* Collaborate in the research, monitoring and management of new leads
* Participate in ad-hoc client support for research-intensive projects
* Support the enterprise to provide excellent client service to stakeholders
* Assist Lead Management staff in the preparation of client pitch materials
* Additional responsibilities as required
* Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Accounting and/or Finance or Economics
* Clear and concise communication skills and able to interact with team members at varying levels
* Experience with Bloomberg, Capital IQ and other research tools is a plus
* Effective analytical and problem-solving skills with a basic understanding of accounting and financial concepts
* Proficient computer skills, including a working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
* Independent worker with a sense of urgency in a complex and changing working environment. The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented, thinker who possesses a real passion for helping others, is a high-energy standout colleague and adaptive in dynamic and changing situations.
* Effective organizational skills with high attention to detail; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while handling multiple concurrent projects
* Ability to work full time in a fast-paced office environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges. www.alixpartners.com
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.