Job Description SummaryThe BI Analyst, also known informally as Solution Architect, is passionate about helping the businesses to collaborate with technical teams to architect valuable BI solutions that provide long-term value. In this highly visible role, the BI Solution Architect will interact with business groups to help define business needs and scope projects. This position will be the liaison between the business and the Application Delivery Partners. The BI Solution Architect will translate business needs into BI solution requirements and ensure requirements are delivered by the Delivery Partner on time, within budget and with expected quality. In addition this position will need strong SAP data modeling skills to be able to oversee the creation and modification of BI deliverables. We have also entered into the Big Data area and there will be involvement with analytics, use cases, machine learning and other associated applications.
General responsibilities include:
Partner with the business to understand business strategy, processes and reporting needs Interview key stakeholders, conduct workshops, design sessions, and project meetings to understand business needs and influence requirements; ask relevant question in order to create the most effective solution design Translate business needs to BI Requirements, functional documentation, process flows, business rule definitions, assumptions and risks to assist IT Partners in developing most appropriate technical solutions Understand BD systems landscapes, system usage, short/long-term plans to identify options for data integration. Collaborate with IT Partners and cross-functional teams on the technical solution approach and architecture for solving complex data integration problems Collaborate with Delivery Partners and act as liaison to the business for requirements clarification, design changes and issue resolution during system design, development and testing Monitor the productivity of the development teams; assist and coach team members as needed; escalate issues to BD and IT Partner leadership as needed. Understand priority levels. Maintains ultimate accountability for delivered solutions and verifies that Partner-developed solution meets business requirements and expectations; this applies to new solutions as well as changes to existing solutions (aka production break/fix changes) Advise Application Delivery Partner on prioritization of incoming demands and break fix issues Research, evaluate and recommend BI technology solutions to meet business needs In addition to new requirements, ability to reverse engineer existing ERP designs in order to create clear requirements for reproducing current report outputs using alternate tools Craft adaptable, comprehensive and feasible solutions by creating necessary blueprint documents for functional requirements and technical specifications Possess interpersonal skills to engage with Business and IT
Position requirements/Must haves:
* Bachelor' s degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering, Data, Analytics or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required
* Minimum three (3) years of technical experience in SAP BW or ECC systems. Should have fundamental knowledge of Data Warehousing and Analytics.
* Experience in ERP and non ERP integration across multiple process areas. Excellent understanding of ERP table relationships and data models. Understanding of Master data, transactional data, and data flows within SAP ERP systems
* Analyst understanding of Big Data and the associated tools. Ability to design semantic layers.
* Adherence to IT/SAP project methodologies, SDLC and change control processes.
* Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
* Demonstrates excellent verbal/presentation and written communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and provide deliverables within fixed timelines and under pressure, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives
* Capable of clear and sound reasoning, with a demonstrated ability to use good senses, and sound judgment in practical matters
* Knowledge of testing fundamentals, the creation of test plans, and processes to ensure the identification, tracking, and remediation of bugs, errors, and defects
Nice to have:
* Experience with SQL and QlikView tools is preferred to assist in creating/testing technical requirements for 3rd party development team
* Experience with SAP BW and BW tools. Can waive in lieu of strong ECC data model and field relationship knowledge.
* Big Data experience - Hadoop, Azure SQL, Denodo, Hive, Power BI, Machine learning, etc
* Experience in both waterfall and agile environments
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
About Becton Dickinson
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company that develops, manufactures, and sells medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment, and diagnostic products.