As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The BI Administrator is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and administration of the Business Intelligence reporting tools used to query and analyze data resident in Partners' corporate systems. In particular, this role will be supporting the Enterprise Tableau implementation and SAP Business Objects Enterprise (BOE) environment and tools (Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence). These tools are used throughout the Partners' implementation of Epic's financial and clinical suite as well as the Partners Enterprise Data Warehouse. These implementations also leverage data from other corporate systems. As such, the candidate will act as an expert in supporting a large, complicated implementation of multiple BI platforms and tools.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Drive the implementation of the Tableau platform, Business Objects, and Epic BI Integration using best practices and standards
* Install and configure the Tableau and Business Objects platforms, connecting the Epic Clarity database, EDW, and other data sources
* Perform ad-hoc and quarterly upgrades and maintenance on the Tableau and Business Objects infrastructure and reporting content
* Administer environment, including creation of accounts with appropriate security and manage automated report scheduling and distribution
* Monitor and troubleshoot environment errors and performance problems, including coordination with Tableau, Epic, SAP, and other vendors
* Ensure environment is secure and with auditing effectively implemented
* Adhere to good systems development methodology
* Prepare project related documentation throughout implementation
* Track status and inform manager of critical issues on a timely basis • 5 years IT or Data Analytics experience
* 3 years working with SAP Business Objects Enterprise 4.1 or higher as a systems administrator, Epic BI Integration preferred
* Bachelors Degree in business, IT, healthcare, or related experience required
* Healthcare experience required, preferably in a provider organization
* Strong knowledge of BOE Auditing, SQL preferred
* Expertise in the Tableau and SAP Business Objects Enterprise platforms
* Demonstrated experience in large data warehousing environments in at least two database platforms (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc)
* Ability to independently troubleshoot and performance tune in a clustered environment
* Knowledge of data warehousing methodologies
* Understanding of change management techniques, and the ability to apply them
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving and negotiation skills
* Act as an effective, collaborative team member
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.