Business Insights - Tableau Developer Job ID: 2019-22539
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
This is an opportunity to be a member of AlticeUSA's Business Insights & Strategy team, delivering strategic knowledge from the Enterprise's data assets through Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Visualization platforms. This person will support the development of Enterprise reporting and data visualization to help drive BI strategy. You will be responsible for accurate information and knowledge collaboration with upstream and downstream Enterprise applications as well as supporting executive dashboard development lifecycle discipline.
* A Bachelor's degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required; a Master's degree (or equivalent) is a plus
* 5 + Years' experience with Tableau and other Industry BI/Reporting/Programming toolsets and knowledge and hands-on experience in rolling out to an enterprise organization.
* 5 or more years of experience with industry BI/Reporting/Programming toolsets including Tableau, OBIEE, Spotfire, MicroStrategy, Cognos, SAS, SSPS, Informatica, Oracle, Netezza, Alteryx.
* Proven ability to independently champion business intelligence principles with business owners, application owners, data analysts and DBAs
* Competencies in Oracle (or other RDBMS), ANSI SQL, SQL, PL/SQL (or other level 3 procedural languages) and UNIX/LINUX operating systems.
* Hands-on experience with data architecture and data analysis skill sets
* Competencies leveraging data visualization tools for senior management and enterprise data visualization.
* Competencies with ETL tools such as Informatica or Data Stage a plus.
* Competencies with Data Warehouse Appliance hardware and software (Neteeza, Exadata), including coding, optimization and analysis
* Strong understanding of OLAP business intelligence applications.
* Competencies in GIS Mapping software
* Competencies in database architectures such as relative, star and snowflake schemas.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills, including mapping of business need or issue to development of application requirements or procedural initiatives.
* Strong understanding of reporting and database environments, processes, and associated applications.
* Well-developed knowledge of operational systems, processes and budgeting/forecasting concepts and activities.
* Proven ability to ensure effective forms of documentation essential for support of overall technical and user needs.
* Knowledge of TQM or similar Business Process Improvement methods.
* Familiarity with PMI standards and practices
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
About Altice Usa
Altice USA is a national telecommunication, media and entertainment company.