First Data (NYSE: FDC) is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The company's 22,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world's largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 3,000 transactions per second and $2.4 trillion per year. To learn more about First Data, visit FirstData.com.
First Data is looking for a Business Analyst for a full-time role. No Corp-to_corp or agencies for this role. Candidates must have some experience with APIs.
Position Description Overview
First Data is seeking a Business Analyst to join IPG REST API and Gateway teams. First Data's API Development and Technology functions are responsible for innovation and advancement across all of our API segments.
In this role you will be working directly with agile team devoted to developing IPG REST APIs in payments industry.
You will author user stories and acceptance criteria, create and maintain backlogs and approve developed functionality. The position requires significant interaction cross-functionally with product managers, development teams, architects and other stakeholders.
* Understand end to end value chain. Expert in several value chain area e.g. iSNAP and merchant portal.
* Able to provide high level effort estimates for all project phases in areas of expertise.
* Conduct requirements and design workshops independently. Work stream management and workshop schedule management.
* Conduct quality review of solutions deliverables in area of expertise. Lead small team of business analysts. Test execution and defect resolution quality review. Demonstrates a collaborative approach to solutions
* As the Business Analyst you are the central interface / mediator between the input channels (e.g. product management, clients and compliance, etc.) and the software development. You are responsible for the analysis of functional requirements and the development of concepts, epics, user stories and specifications for the implementation.
* The Business Analyst is supporting the generation of functional and technical concepts and documents processes and systems. You act as the functional lead in the SDLC process and you have the delivery responsibility of the assigned topics and projects.
* Must have knowledge and experience of software development life cycle/project methodologies.
Scope of Job
Works on moderately complex projects with moderate to high breadth of responsibility. Participates in far-reaching research projects, making important decisions.
* 3 yrs. of related IT experience. Bachelor Degree at College of Engineering and Technology or equivalent work experience.
* 5-6 years Analysis experience for large Enterprise systems required. Have strong communication skills, analytical/problem solving skills, and experience developing use cases.
* Good documentation and organizational skills using tools like Confluence, pivotal tracker and JIRA. Ability to build strong working relationships with internal/external cross-functional teams to effectively communicate and coordinate projects for both technical and non-technical team members.
* Familiarity with different system integration and development environments that utilize API and micro services.
First Data is an Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.