What you'll be doing...
As Pega Business Analyst, working on the Systems of Insights (SOI) team, you will gather information from stakeholders, cross-functional teams and subject matter experts to analyze business needs and document requirements to support the design, development and testing of a complete Pega implementation. As the BA, you will be responsible for translating the high-level vision into functional specifications for the development and testing teams. You will be a key player in agile process management, daily grooming sessions, analyzing, scoping and accepting user stories and UAT.
* Collect business and technical requirements by leading requirement gathering sessions with extended cross functional teams.
* Craft user stories, get group consensus and enter into Jira.
* Contribute to the creation of use cases, test cases, traceability matrix, and summary-level business requirement documentation.
* Serve as the liaison between the business and the GTS organization in order to supply technical solutions to meet business needs.
What we're looking for...
You are organized, detail oriented, and efficient. You've got excellent negotiation skills, and can work effectively with a variety of stakeholders, even in challenging situations. You're driven to resolve problems and overcome hurdles, and you approach every situation with a can-do, team-player attitude. You are a problem solver---someone who looks to find ways to be more efficient in every corner and who sees every obstacle as a puzzle to be solved.
A planner and organizer, but you know how to engage a diverse team, set clear standards, remove barriers, and ensure accountability. You're no stranger to tight timelines and competing priorities. And you're a great communicator, able to interpret data in a meaningful way, translate complex technical specifications into concrete requirements, and inspire and equip everyone around you to make sound decisions and do their best work.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience working as a development/business analyst eliciting requirements from the business stakeholders.
* Two or more years experience working in Jira and Confluence.
* Experience with Agile and Scrum methodology.
* PowerPoint experience.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, Marketing, or Business Administration.
* Pega Systems Business Architect (CBA) certification.
* SCRUM Master Certification.
* PMP certification.
* Technical project experience on enterprise impacting projects.
* Ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously.
* Knowledge of wireless telecom business practices, including accounting, finance, revenue assurance, taxation, billing, customer care, legal, device management and network operations.
* Technical (e.g., systems design) and/or analytical skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.