Analyzes information systems for clinical laboratory processes & functional requirements, develops business cases, & provides support during system development, implementation, & maintenance.
* Independently initiates, investigates, documents, & analyzes Information Systems requirements in project areas such as: new business operating models w/ innovative approaches to IT solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality, & operational readiness assessment
* Assesses scope & impact of clinical laboratory systems needs
* Conducts &/or participates in the analysis of information systems processes & functional requirements & in the preparation of appropriate documentation to communicate & validate the information
* Conducts workflows, process diagrams, & gap analysis
* Identifies overlaps & related processes
* Participates in the analysis & definition of efficient & cost effective solutions that support information systems processes & functional requirements
* Evaluates existing applications that could address information systems requirements & develops recommendations where appropriate
* Evaluates alternative operational efficiencies: the planning, training, & operating of automated systems
* Maintains current knowledge of application systems, interfaces, reporting processes, & data capture
* May support a variety of applications related to clinical laboratory systems & assists in developing test plans
* Provides product expertise to Information Systems Stakeholders, delivers presentations, demonstrations, & training for application systems
* Coordinates installation & first-use of new applications
* May provide specialized support to a specific Information System Application
* May assist in the development of project plans
* Acts as a liaison between application end users & Information Technology throughout the development life cycle
* Applies methodologies/standards to requirements analysis & follows Service Level Agreements
* Communicates, escalates issues, & performs & evaluates risks
* Minimum three (3) years of experience in Information Systems development, implementation and maintenance of software applications.
* Bachelor's degree in a life science or computer science OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
* Knowledge of regulatory requirements including State, Federal, CAP, CLIA, and The Joint Commission.
* Proficiency in MS Word and Excel, and handling PC's and Mainframe database issues.
* Proficient skills in analysis, documentation, and presentation tools required.
* Strong skills required in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.).
* Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
* This position will require periodic travel throughout California. Must be able to travel by air and have reliable ground transportation.
* Familiarity with the role of the Pathology Department and Clinical Laboratory in Hospital Operations.
* Knowledge of Cerner Corporation's CoPath Plus, EPIC, HNAC and HNAM applications.
* Working knowledge of peripheral devices such as printers, barcode scanners and pre-analytical and analytical instrumentation.
* Working knowledge of HL7 communication protocol and KP Legacy Systems.
Primary Location: California,Richmond,Richmond MWS Regional Laboratory 914 Marina Way So Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 4:30 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Information Technology Department: RILIS Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >