JIRA/Confluence Subject Matter Expert
Parsons has an opening for a Lead Workflow Analyst and Jira Administrator. This position supports the development, deployment, and operation of IT business automation capabilities. In this role you will be assigned in our cyber services operations centers providing internal consulting support and expertise to our customer's Chief Information Officer.
Subsequent assignments will support a variety of groups and assignments as needed. Other duties will include providing expertise as part of the data management team supporting design and deployment of workflows and analytics, supporting data management efforts in our lab, and developing IT solutions for operations and government customers.
What You Will Do:
* Collect and synthesize user requirements, including understanding existing procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Design and implement workflows that model existing business processes using JIRA issue and project tracking system.
* Design and implement Jira customization including custom forms, fields, issue types, and views.
* Perform general Jira administration and configuration, including user management.
* Create Jira reports and dashboards.
* Implement integrations between JIRA and other management systems, including Confluence.
* Create and maintain Confluence collaboration sites and provide Jira/Confluence support to project team.
* Provide Jira and Confluence consulting services to other administrators around the Lab.
* Some support for additional tools such as SharePoint and LiveLink.
* Participate in weekly team meetings for the planning and tracking of projects and activities and quarterly meetings with key stakeholders to communicate plans and acquire feedback.
* Evaluate and troubleshoot problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Identify and evaluate emerging trends, and regulatory requirements, and recommend new products and strategies to manage them.
* Maintain test and production environments for supported applications and help develop long term endpoint management and workstation support strategies.
What is Required:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of related professional experience.
* Expertise configuring and maintaining Jira and other process management systems.
* Experience working with technical and non-technical contributors to develop clear, testable requirements.
* Experience defining, documenting, and refining new and existing business processes.
* Experience working with Jira's workflow design tools.
* Experience developing scripts using languages such as Python, bash, Powershell or Ruby.
* Experience developing data flows between software systems.
* Experience developing and consuming services via web APIs.
* Excellent written, verbal, and customer service communication skills by email, phone, and in person.
* Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to prioritize and manage time under a heavy workload and collaborate with disparate sets of stakeholders.
* Ability to lift and move equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
What We Desire:
* Experience with cyber security compliance and enforcement.
* Significant experience configuring and maintaining Jira and other process management systems.
* Experience configuring and maintaining project management and/or document management systems, such as Sharepoint.
* Experience developing software using Java, Python, and other popular languages.
* Knowledge of networking concepts including routing, firewalls, and ACLs.
* Experience working with IT support ticketing systems (e.g. Service Now, Jira, Remedy).
* Familiarity with software packaging, distribution and license management.
* Experience with Antivirus product management, such as Malwarebytes and Sophos.
About Parsons Corporation
Parsons is a company providing software and hardware products, technical services, and integrated solutions in the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.