"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business." -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
* 17,000+ trained professionals
* 300+ locations worldwide
* Fortune 500
* Globally unified systems
Please note, this position has the potential to be located in either Dallas, TX or Seattle, WA.
ECCO Critical Logistics Management Team is responsible for developing core business applications that enable our world-wide network of operations and customers to efficiently manage and transport freight via collaborative internal and customer-facing systems. ECCO is a highly configurable Transportation Management System where system functionality and requirements are designed and built via configuration of frameworks. The Business Analyst (product owner) is an integral part of a dynamic development team, bridging business needs with systems solutions. This position is responsible for eliciting business, systems and data requirements to align stakeholders and team members. As a product owner for the team, you will maintain and prioritize a backlog that balances business needs and system health to ensure operations needs are met. In addition, the business analyst (product owner) will need to build strong relationships with operations, so that business requirements are understood for the scrum team.
* Demonstrable analysis skills, knowledge, and aptitude
* Ability to elicit and clearly articulate stakeholder's business needs
* Ability to collaborate with the team to translate business needs to technical solutions
* Ability to formulate, propose and evaluate solutions,
* Ability to clearly document requirements
* Ability to facilitate productive discussions and lead groups to consensus
* Proficiency with the system development lifecycle, including agile techniques and other methodologies
* Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide spectrum of people
* Expertise in creating, analyzing and improving processes
* Ability to recognize and mitigate risk
* Understanding of database structures, data relationships and Structured Query Language (SQL)
* Knowledge of the Unified Modeling Language (UML), modern architectural styles, and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
* Operations experience
* Understanding of the logistics industry
* Scrum/Agile experience
* Experience managing backlog of work - managing tradeoffs and competing priorities
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
* Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
* Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Successful candidates must pass a background check.
About Expeditors International
Expeditors (Expeditors International of Washington) is a logistics and freight forwarding company.