Business Analyst II
Business Analyst II - Enterprise Learning Systems
Robert Half is seeking a Business Analyst II to gather and analyze business problems to be solved with automated solutions, processes and procedures. This position will focus on/specialize in Enterprise Learning Systems. This person will provide expertise in identifying and evaluating systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user and system requirements. Create specifications for systems to meet business requirements. Provides expertise in planning and executing unit, integration and acceptance testing. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems. May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues. May provide day-to-day systems support.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Responsible for the identification of opportunities to use/leverage new or existing applications.
* Responsible for analysis and communication to business teams.
* Responsible for gathering and analysis of objectives, value add, product and application research, requirements, and use cases.
* Owns gathering of business processes, creation of business requirements, and documenting / negotiating business rules with stakeholders.
* Responsible for gap analysis when reviewing new solution.
* Consults with business customers on business processes and associated rules owned by the business team, when needed.
* Responsible for documenting and maintaining governance and best practices with the use of an application and system configuration
* Responsible for research and discovery of appropriate solutions in collaboration with Product Management team.
* Responsible for solution evaluation to ensure they are appropriate for business needs on short & long-term.
* Responsible for identifying a solution, testing (UAT & QA coordination), and deployment of on-premise and SaaS/Cloud-based products, applications, and solutions.
* Responsible for coordination of internal and external teams during development and implementation, as needed.
* Responsible for monitoring and reporting of implementation work.
* Responsible for planning, documentation and successful execution of workstreams, tasks, initiatives, and operations.
* Contributes to appropriate & timely communications to all stakeholders, users, customers, and vendors.
* Responsible for documenting any manual process as identified.
* Assists with current sprint task list & prioritization.
* Responsible for the identification of appropriate training and training material for all stakeholders; development of materials to occur if Staff Development resources are not available.
* Responsible for identification, documentation, and training of support teams on support issues.
* Responsible for vendor escalations and resolutions, as needed, in partnership with the Product Management team.
* Contributes to vision and strategy for product usage within RH.
* Contributes to competitive analysis related to products.
* Responsible for opportunity and needs analysis.
* Contributes to product roadmap with future enhancements and upgrades.
* Contributes to impact analysis for any future enhancements and assists with POC and testing
* Responsible for vendor & client relationship and interaction (i.e., requirements) in collaboration with Product Management team.
* High school diploma or related experience preferred.
* 4+ years of experience with business analysis and/or application support.
* Experience with Learning Management or Content Management applications desired.
* MS Office Suite, intermediate knowledge of MS Excel.
* MS Visio (Basic).
* MS Project and intermediate project management skills.
* General knowledge of web applications.
* Ability to understand technical issues and impacts for support purposes.
* Working knowledge of requirements and business analysis processes related to enterprise level applications.
* Ability to interact and communicate with customers of varying levels of expertise.
* Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
* Ability to communicate business process to technical resources.
* Ability to create process flow diagrams or flowcharts that demonstrate business or system process flow.
* Ability to gather business requirements.
* Ability to conduct business and product research.
* Ability to employ business and product analysis tools and techniques; e.g., fit-gap, ROI, metrics, risk, feature.
* Ability to create thorough documentation.
* Ability to create and execute test plans.
* Ability to prioritize job responsibilities.
* Ability to gather information and present status.
* Demonstrated customer service abilities.
* Knowledge of business systems software.
* Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
* Ability to develop and work from a project plan, meeting established deliverables and timelines.
* Ability to execute based upon directions from a senior team member.
* Demonstrates adaptability and good judgment.
* Ability to conduct trainings.
* Ability to conduct meetings.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half's corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
* The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
* The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP
About Robert Half
Robert Half provides skilled professionals in the fields of accounting and finance, technology, legal, creative, marketing, and administration.