The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco has an excellent opportunity for a proven Sr./Business Analyst to join our CPO family. Would you enjoy being a member of a very collaborative, engaged team that has national impact to the cash business function? Do you love working on a wide variety of products? If so, we wish to hear from you!
The Cash Product Office (CPO) of the San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank is responsible for the strategic direction, and national support for Federal Reserve Cash Services (FedCash® Services). The CPO provides operational guidance and technology strategies for U.S. currency and coin, supplied to depository institutions by the twelve Federal Reserve Banks. CPO employees demonstrate our core values in how we work and interact with each other, and our broader community. From the words we use, to how we make our financial decisions, we incorporate our values in how we show up every day.
National Cash Automation (NCA) is the CPO's software development and support team. NCA is responsible for maintaining and improving the Federal Reserve System's cash operations suite of automation solutions.
As a Sr./Business Analyst you will conduct business process analysis, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives. Here you will provide project management support to project managers with general supervision and monitor progress of system projects and provide project statuses. You may also prepare functional, system and program specifications and assist in implementation of systems.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* You will be responsible for producing technical systems documentation including: business requirements, functional specifications, user requirements, traceability matrix, risks, project schedules, and implementation plans.
* You will communicates with both technical and business users to understand requirements and translates into technical specification when necessary.
* Use your experience and knowledge of software development and software architecture best-practices to assist the development team during the execution phase of the project.
* You may assist in the analysis of defects and enhancements to resolve severity and priority as well as overall validity.
* You will participate in project execution (budget, schedule, risks, quality, meeting minutes, deliverables, etc.) to deliver the desired outcome to the project`s partners.
* Report statuses to project management staff while managing expectations of project deliverables.
* Help us ensure that project activities are completed in accordance with applicable Federal Reserve standards, such as Technology Project Standards (TPS) and CPO Application Development.
* You will maintains project artifacts in electronic repository per department policies/practices.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or any technical related field, or equivalent work experience.
* Business Analyst requires a minimum of two years of related business analyst experience, Sr. Business requires a minimum of five years of related experience business analysis experience.
* Ability to bridge the business/IT divide in a way that establishes rapport and gains understanding.
* Possess a good understanding of business requirement development and analysis including: use cases, functional specifications, user interface specifications, etc.)
* Strong business sense, strong oral and written communication skills.
* Advanced troubleshooting and analytical skills.
* Strong analytical, teamwork, leadership, critical thinking, multitasking, and time management skills.
* Ability to influence successfully in a highly matrix or virtual organization.
* U.S. Citizenship or a Green Card holder with the intent to become a U.S. Citizen required.
* Agile experience.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.