The Business Analyst - Core Banking will be a liaison between technology, operations, and various business units to lead and facilitate the creation and specification of business requirements regarding core banking business solutions and/or enhancements to existing business processes and solutions.
This position works closely with end-users and identifies and specifies business processes, analyzes requirements, extracts business rules, resolves organizational information problems and recommends system controls and protocols, in conjunction with testing, documenting, implementing and supporting new product implementation and releases.
Preferred geographical locations for this position are Olympia, Tacoma or Lynnwood, WA. Depending on experience other Washington or Oregon locations may be considered.
The successful candidate will be able to:
* Provide consultative assistance to assigned business units to streamline processes as it relates to the efficient use of core banking systems.
* Conducts analysis and documents business unit needs, objectives and requirements; performing gap analysis between current and desired processes and systems, root cause analysis, defining project scope, coordinating cost/benefit analysis, and ensuring the appropriate areas in IT are involved.
* Cultivate strong relationships with internal customer base, vendors, and other internal technical support to provide strong project management services.
* Work cross-functionally with end users and technical team to collect, evaluate and compress data and information from multiple sources, resolve conflicts and differentiate between actual and required user needs.
* Facilitates cross-functional team meetings to develop and implement business solutions and optimize operations, conducts impact analysis of new products, systems, upgrades and changes for department/functional areas, and evaluates systems and business processes for feasibility.
* Plan and drive product definitions, develop road maps for projects assigned, and define release priorities, product improvements and enhancements; ensures new or modified processes and systems meet project objectives and business requirements.
* Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; develops, writes, updates and maintains system protocols, internal controls and detailed universally understood standard operating procedures for end user reference and training use.
* Proactively participate in user acceptance testing projects. Develop testing scenarios and scripts, identify and document functional test cases, write and execute test scripts for all upgrades or conversions.
* Operates in full compliance with internal policies, procedures, security requirements, and regulatory guidelines.
* Function as project team leader or participates as a business unit lead, project team member or subject matter expert during core banking conversions.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and networking and participation in professional organizations.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Excellent communication/ interpersonal skills and customer service orientation combined with ability to communicate effectively across business lines at all levels.
* Strong research, time management, and organizational skills to manage multiple projects and meet concurrent deadlines.
* Strong technical, problem-solving, and analytical reasoning skills to understand end user's requirements and transform into operational application and technical alternatives.
* Extensive experience developing and implementing cross-organizational business process flows, creating test plans and scripts to document complex business processes.
* Strong knowledge of business processes and experience leading application development efforts.
* Working knowledge of related statutory banking and compliance regulations, operational policies and procedures, and the Bank's products and services of assigned business unit, i.e., deposits, loans, etc.
* Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
* Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project); working knowledge and experience in financial industry core processing systems (DNA) - required; and ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, business management, or equivalent - preferred.
* 5 years' recent experience in a banking and financial services industry functional business area (i.e., loan or deposit operations, IT, finance systems or applications, or business process re-engineering), with strong working knowledge of banking business processes, core processing systems, and managing projects for technical and business solutions - required.
* Equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience may be considered.
* Certified PMP (Project Management Professional), CBAP (Certified Business Analyst), or CCBA (Certified Competency in Business Analysis) - highly desired.
* Climate controlled office environment.
* Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
* Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
* Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
* Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
* Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
* Occasional lifting of files and/or boxes 5-10 lbs.
Travel Time: Occasional travel 5 - 10% for meetings with willingness to travel to other branch and department locations when needed; valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com
##JobCategory:Information Technology / Systems##
##Street:201 5th Ave SW##