The Business Analyst will provide system support to the various business units within the enterprise by means of research, analysis, testing, documentation and training for issues and enhancements related to all systems.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong working knowledge of the SDM (System Development Methodology) process and will have the ability to analyze systems and processes within the Personal/Commercial insurance environment. In this position, you will provide recommendations for enhancing work flows to improve processes and identify and correct system issues.
The Business Analyst will assist in the development of business solutions in accordance with System Development Methodology. This includes the following responsibilities:
* Provide input to the Project Manager in the creation of project plans, estimates and schedules.
* Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of the Impact Analysis needed for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
* Adhere to the project's time line and keep the Project Manager apprised of status, issues and progress.
* Document functional requirements to include all information needed by the developers by translating business requirements into detailed system/IT requirements.
* Participate in the preparation of Test Plans and execution of Systems Testing in conjunction with the QA Testing Team to ensure their Test Cases cover all functionality described in the Business Requirements and Use Cases
* Review Systems Testing Results (as needed) to obtain Sign Off from the QA Testing Team.
* Assist the Business Team during User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by answering any questions, reviewing test director defects and determining if it is a true defect, or whether a change control is needed before assigning to development team.
* Prepare meeting agenda and minutes (as needed).
* 2+ year of Property and Casualty Experience
* Full life cycle experience
* Use Case development
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, collaboration skills; great attention to detail
* Working knowledge of MS Project is a plus.
* Technical background required prior design or coding experience is a plus.
The Plymouth Rock companies place a heavy emphasis upon quality of life and "goodness of fit". We seek people who have a customer service orientation (i.e., who makes efforts to listen to and to understand both internal and external customers, anticipate customer needs, and give high priority to customer satisfaction), pay attention to the feelings and needs of others, and manifest a strong bias for action. We insist on the utmost integrity and probity. We offer highly competitive base salaries with an annual performance-based bonus, a very generous package of benefits, convenient access to public transportation and a thriving and stable workplace.
Bunker Hill Insurance Company is the home insurance affiliate of Plymouth Rock. Bunker Hill writes homeowner's and renter's insurance exclusively. We attribute our growth, success and financial strength to one core belief: if we work hard every day to provide extraordinary customer service - we call it True Service® - the very best homeowners and the finest independent insurance agents will bring their business to us. The company protects over 50,000 Massachusetts and Connecticut households.
This position will be responsible for all aspects of the user acceptance testing by means of analysis, testing, documentation, and training. They will work with management and technical personnel to define specifications to meet operational business needs, develop and execute test matrices for system changes and enhancements, devise and participate in roll-out strategies and training both internally and externally, in addition to performing other tasks related to our systems' needs.