Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
The Business Analyst gathers, analyzes, specifies, and validates the business needs of our customers. This includes interviewing users and gathering and compiling user requirements to convey to development teams throughout the agile software development lifecycle, testing, and training. The Business Analyst will also create the functional and/or technical requirements, along with user interface requirements, as needed to support business requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Interview users and review existing documentation to elicit business requirements.
* Create software development lifecycle artifacts to document business requirements, functional specifications, and deliverables.
* Monitor support tickets related to the enterprise transaction system, and identify process or training related issues.
* Design and deliver project artifacts, including process workflows, business rules, wireframes, screen element specifications, user stories, and acceptance test cases.
* Design and develop materials and system structure, forms, and media that enhance insurance and document processes.
* Adhere to policies and procedures for the Information Technology Department.
* Conduct end-user and administration training classes.
* Ensure users and customers are provided professional, courteous, and timely responses and communications.
* Collaborate with systems analysts, developers, and subject matter experts to establish the vision and analyze tradeoffs between functional and performance needs.
* Recommend additions or enhancements to the company's hardware and software environment to provide the highest cost/benefit efficiency.
* Establish and maintain a library of technical documents and publications that support the insurance and document management systems.
* Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Review, analyze, and evaluate business system and user needs
* Interact with client stakeholders and SMEs facilitating workshops and interview sessions to perform effective analysis and determine requirements
* Perform requirement analysis and systems analysis, facilitating design and development of software solutions
* Work collaboratively with SMEs, systems analysts, technical teams, and project managers during the software development life cycle (SDLC).
* Complete process mapping, definitions, and workflow documentation
* Work both independently and as an integral member of a team
* Responsible for ensuring unique business needs are properly translated to functional specifications
* Lead product demonstrations
* Assist with development of end-user and administration training materials.
* Provide end-user assistance regarding systems and related software.
* Bachelor's degree in information technology, business, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* At least five years' experience and knowledge in information technologies, processes, software development lifecycles, and strategic initiatives.
* Prior experience within the child welfare industry is preferred.
* Experience and familiarity with agile software development lifecycle methodology.
* Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
* Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access and other Windows-based software applications.
* Skill in requirements elicitation and requirements management, as demonstrated by experience with, and preference for, types of documentation and requirements management tools such as JIRA
* Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals.
* Skill in verbal and written communication, as well as the ability to produce presentations, and to make public presentations.
* Works ethically, and with integrity, supporting organizational goals and values.
* Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately.
* Analyzes and interprets information accurately.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employr and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
Conduent is a provider of diversified business process services with capabilities in digital processing, automation, and analytics.