Inovalon Inc., seeks Business Analyst for multiple openings.
* Support Operational Efficiency:
* Assist in the development and management of a library of process maps, business requirements, and business artifacts, as well as internal SOPs for operational tracking and reporting, standard methodologies for collecting, analyzing and presenting data products, and standard management systems and workflows for performing operational tasks.
* Assist and collaborate in the creation of new metrics, report design, and expansion of data analytics as needed.
* Track product backlog and roadmap.
* Coordinate and participate in regular meetings with relevant stakeholders to communicate current performance and future performance expectations, and make necessary adjustments to programs, requirements, specifications and business processes and prioritization.
* Abide by established quality assurance best practices as it relates to data.
* Develop knowledge that will assist in understanding and analyzing data:
* Develop and maintain subject-matter expertise with regard to Inovalon's data warehouse, products, services, infrastructure, and operations. Specific areas of focus include product development, capabilities, and functionality requirements, as well as the flow, storage, extraction, transformation, and loading of relevant data.
* Develop and maintain subject-matter expertise with regard to the health care industry both as a whole and at its touch points in the organization.
* Gather and define technical requirements used in data analysis and solution development:
* Collaborate with relevant stakeholders identify, develop, and refine specifications and key performance indicators, identify root causes, patterns, and trends, and recommend solutions.
* Liaise with business, technology, operations, and/or product teams to develop and define business and data requirements and translate them into actionable data analytics requests, taking into account relevant timelines, processes, procedures, workflows, and/or reference / provider data.
* Extract and analyze data responsive to the technical requirements:
* Generate, run, and maintain SQL scripts/queries, working with and creating compatible data structures, including relational datasets, to extract business intelligence data and generate SQL reports.
* Perform quality checks on data and reports, perform root-cause analysis for data discrepancies, adapt reports to compensate for business logic changes, and customize corresponding SQL scripts as needed.
* Evaluate, analyze, and interpret data, including relational datasets, workflows, and historic data to identify trends, develop predictive models, and create financial forecasting models.
* Assemble data analytical input, including charts, tables, graphs, and other analysis to build and document meaningful, efficient, user friendly models, reports, and/or dashboards.
* Communicate the results of data analysis and support solution implementation:
* Compile and summarize the results of analysis, data models, and other projects to turn it into insight and actionable solutions.
* Collaborate with team members and other stakeholders to develop presentations and reports that highlight business analysis summaries, recommendations for improvement, and action plans to implement recommended solutions.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful on-time delivery of data and reporting.
* Monitor and communicate the status of solution development and implementation to relevant stakeholders.
* Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to implement solutions, including conducting user acceptance training as required and draft release notifications upon the successful completion of solution implementation as needed.
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Software/Computer Engineering or a related quantitative field of study required.
* Master's degree plus at least one year of related professional experience (or two years of related professional experience if in possession of a relevant Bachelor's degree) with quantitative and statistical data analytics, data analysis, systems analysis and design, interactive reporting, data visualization/modeling, data science, and/or database systems.
* Expertise with complex data management and visualization tools/languages SAS, business intelligence and data analysis software (e.g. Tableau), workflow analysis, database reporting software (e.g. Interactive Reporting; Microsoft SQL Server), database user interface and query software (e.g. Access, SQL, T-SQL), development environment software (e.g. SQL scripting, VBA), MS Office, system analysis and design, program testing software (e.g. functional analysis, UAT), MS Project, data flow modeling, and/or MS Excel.
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum Software Development Methodology