Thomson Reuters Tax Professionals Learning group is hiring for a Business Analyst to support the transformation and growth of our products' digital capabilities across marketing, sales and customer support areas. Within our agile team, you will participate in the design, development, documentation and testing of our products. You will be responsible for obtaining, analyzing, communicating, validating requirements with the Product Owner and translating those requirements into User Stories for the Development team as part of the development of new features. You will be involved in the entire software development life cycle, working collaborative with the team. You are empowered to try new approaches and learn new technologies. The assignments are deadline driven and require an individual to be able to communicate problems, concerns, and risks in a timely and clear fashion in order to minimize project risks.
* Lead, coordinate, or participate in the requirements gathering and analysis for digital experience projects and release items * Work with the Product Owner, development teams, design teams and architect teams to prepare stories for development * Perform General Acceptance Testing, record and document issues found during testing and assist in the prioritization of open issues * Strive to understand the business goals of the project to ensure customer expectations are met * Communicate critical issues in a timely fashion * Coordinate and organize user testing, demonstrations, and documentation * Assists in the facilitation of team meetings * Support the build, testing and release of features and tracking status in JIRA.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience
Required Knowledge & Skills
* Project leadership (Agile & Waterfall development methodologies) * Excellent written and verbal communication skills * Demonstrated ability to work and adapt well within a team environment * Dynamic thinker, a problem solver * Ability to work well in a flexible development environment * Self-motivated and self-directed * Strong attention to detail * Ability to plan and prioritize work effectively
* 2+ years providing exemplary service and support to internal or external customers
Additional Experience Preferred
* Possess the ability to create great experiences for our customers by using verbal\written skills to define proper work expectations * SQL experience (nice to have) * Software testing experience * Experience using JIRA
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Req #: JREQ125077
Locations: Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Job Function: Technology Development
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.