Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Business Systems Analyst. You will provide support to a suite of custom and commercial enterprise business applications serving multi-functional user groups across the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Your responsibilities will include interaction with end-users, stakeholders, team members and software developers, defining and mapping business processes, requirements gathering and analysis, documentation, and alignment of technical solutions. In addition, you will contribute to software implementation projects and maintenance, end-user training and documentation, provide customer and application support and testing, reporting and data analysis. This position is in the Asset Management Department of the Business Directorate.
This position will be filled at either the E01.2 or E01.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
* Provide customer and application support to end-users with emphasis on application administration, analyze, interpret and resolve complex issues, troubleshoot, document and escalate issues, and work with software developers to resolve issues and deliver optimal solutions.
* Define and document end-to-end business processes, identify process improvement opportunities, document business requirements and functional specifications including developing process flow maps of current and future states.
* Develop detailed test plan and test cases, perform verification of system changes, regression testing and document progress through issues tracking software.
* Contribute to software development projects including new feature/software implementations, maintenance releases, user acceptance testing, end-user training, and development of user documentation.
* Contribute to department functions including process improvement initiatives, standard operating procedures, and knowledge sharing
* Conduct research, development and execution of specialized reporting requests, reporting and data analysis.
* Collaborate with end-users, team members, and software developers to validate scope and requirements, develop creative and complex system solutions for enhancing productivity, usability and user experience, and ensure the implementation of technical solutions meet business requirements.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition, at the E01.3 level
* Lead and conduct meetings with end users, functional groups, managers, and stakeholders to identify business process issues, define objectives, gather business requirements, evaluate and recommend effective solutions, and translate requirements into technical solutions.
* Lead research efforts to document and analyze business requirements and provide in-depth consultation to client and technical staff to identify and evaluate standards and procedures.
* Conduct comprehensive assessments for key operational processes.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration with a concentration in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of web-based business applications, software development lifecycle, and experience applying related practices, standards and processes to user interface design and implementation.
* Experience using business analysis techniques and tools such as SQL to gather, analyze, evaluate, and interpret data, including demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills with the ability to anticipate, define, and solve problems using standard policies and procedures.
* Ability to develop application test plans and use cases, and leading and performing user acceptance testing for thorough verification of major and minor application updates.
* Experience in the use of reporting and summarizing complex data for support in the development and implementation of specialized reporting requests, including proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Ability to provide customer and application support, including troubleshooting issues and provide informal and formal training for users.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and to effectively interact with customers, external suppliers, stakeholders, management, and software developers within a fast-paced diverse team environment, including strong organizational and time management.
* Strong business and technical writing and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate business requirements, technical specifications and develop training materials and user guides.
In Addition, at the E01.3 level
* Experience developing and executing project plans.
* Significant experience contributing to or leading the analysis, selection and deployment of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software products to meet business need.
* Experience applying process improvement tools and methodologies to software projects.
* Experience with issue tracking software.
* Knowledge and understanding of mobile business applications.
* Project Management certification.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.