Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This position is responsible for developing and executing complex data mining analyses, which involves the design and execution of programs to extract data.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Develops and executes data mining analyses.
* Uses program languages to extract data.
* Develops new and standard reports utilizing data warehouse information. Programs and writes queries and reports.
* Establishes and maintains strong knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, related programming languages, and data integrity issues.
* Develops and supports data warehouse-related applications for business areas requiring design and implementation of database tables.
* Conducts training on use of applications developed. Requires a BS/BA degree; 2-3 years related analytical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. PC, spreadsheet, and database skills, as well as experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages is also required. The majority of time will be spent programming. This job is focused on complex data mining analysis as compared to the Bus Info Developer job.
* a BS/BA degree;
* 2-3 years related analytical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. PC, spreadsheet, and database skills, as well as experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages is also required.
* 2 years of experience developing reports (Strong excel and/or SQL knowledge required).
* Prior experience presenting data and reports.
* ability interpret results and provide recommendations to leadership
* Critical thinking, analytical skills
* 1-2 years of healthcare analytics required
The selected candidate for this positing must be able to report to one the of the following office locations daily without assistance: Atlanta-GA, Virginia Beach-VA, Mason-OH, Las Vegas-NV, Northern New Jersey, Chicago-IL, Minneapolis-MN, Louisville-KY, Wallingford-CT, St. Louis-MO.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran