What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Verification Methodology Technology Team (VMT) is part of AMD's Central R&D department responsible for invention, development and deployment of software or methodology in the general areas of verification. VMT partners with AMD Business Units involved with chip design, and work on providing cutting edge verification methodologies -- leading to quality AMD chips. VMT is actively involved with creating next-gen verification methodologies where creative minds thrive.
* The right candidate must be motivated and willing to coordinate projects to successful completion.
* A key to success is going to be to establish and nurture Business Unit (customer) partnerships.
* This person is expected to be a team player in bringing people (team members and customers alike) together and driving solutions to closure.
* Help co-develop and establish a roadmap of a set of improvement strategies for AMD's design processes impacting AMD products across the globe.
* Take measured risk and plan for success in alpha- and beta-stages working closely with teaching customers and plan on scaling across the Business Units.
* This is a senior software engineering role. The person in this role is expected to drive definition, development and deployment of the company's build automation system used by the world-wide AMD design teams
* Responsible for gathering requirements from IP and SOC groups and measuring the effectiveness of current SOC build methodologies
* Profiling existing solutions and come up with indepth analyses of potential solutions
* Will then drive development of new technologies associated with the latest design build automation methodologies
* Need to analyze, detail and develop industrial strength OO software
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* Multi-year Industry experience in software development--related to hardware tooling and methodologies
* Experience with Make-based build automation flows required. Experience with other build systems, such as Ant, Maven, Gradle or Bazel, is a strong plus
* Proven experience using OOP in real world applications
* Strong experience in analytical thinking, problem solving and organizing data
* Theoretical and hands on experience with complicated data structures and algorithms
* Experience in EDA industry tools, scripting and software development practices.
* Strength with complex programming techniques such as OOP, and design patterns.
* Strong debugging skills in industrial software
* Added value will be understanding of hardware SOC/IP design & functional verification tools
* Experience in developing release processes and practices would be an added strength
Requisition Number: 74455
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.