We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
This is an exciting role that is responsible for maintaining the health of Cruise's main development git branches. The velocity of Cruise's development is immense, where this position will focus on multiple repositories, that include hundreds of commits per day, each that run thousands of tests.
We're looking for a candidate who can own the performance, scalability, and reliability of Cruise's testing functions and CI processes. In this role, you will become an expert in debugging any Continuous Integration failures and driving solutions. You will define and collect metrics, perform analytics and find trends, and make process improvements to the overall workflow. You will develop strong working relationships with a variety of Engineering teams, including Engineering Infrastructure, Engineering Productivity, Build & Simulation Infrastructure, and Simulation teams.
* Perform root cause analysis on continuous integration and release failures
* Resolve issues on main development git branches by pushing hotfixes or reverting specific commits
* Define and collect metrics to drive improvements to the Cruise SDLC
* Communicate large announcements to all of engineering
* Automate optimizations to improve performance, scalability, and reliability
* 1+ years' experience with root cause analysis experience or complex troubleshooting
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience with the nix command line interface
* GitHub and git experience
* Ability to clearly communicate across multidisciplinary backgrounds
* Passion for building self-driving technology and understand its potential impact on the world
* JIRA, or other bug tracking tools
* Python, or other scripting language experience
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your workstation
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.