You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing new, exciting and cutting-edge products for consumers. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers, scientists, and business people engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver these new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, technical invention, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership and meticulousness. You should also be comfortable collaborating regularly with colleagues across many of Amazon's current businesses, including devices, retail, and AWS.
This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the potential customer and societal impact and will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product.
We are building backend services, frontend UIs, apps, skills, scalable algorithms, and prototypes. You don't need to be an expert in all of these, but the right candidate is excited and willing to learn to take on these challenges.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for making development teams more efficient and productive. An individual that has the wisdom and know-how to create an infrastructure to support a truly world-class product development team.
* Provide strategic direction and logistical support for development and QA-related activities to support operations and efficiency of the development organization.
* · Build, maintain and continuously improve an infrastructure for a multi-site development team including source code repository, build tools and scripts, continuous integration infrastructure, packaging and deployment tools.
* · Establish processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
* · Investigate and recommend best practices for maintaining code quality, including development of code metrics, code review workflows, code coverage measurement and the use of static and dynamic analysis tools.
* · Influence and drive operational excellence best practices within the organization.
* · Make a significant contribution to team planning.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.