The Agency platform supports the complete award life cycle for loan repayment and scholarship programs. It is designed to ensure that repayment and scholarship programs are managed efficiently and in compliance with mandated Agency-wide and Federal policies and procedures.
The BPA Contract Administrator is responsible for day-to-day financial analysis of area operations to include budget estimates and proposals for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives. Performs project budgeting and tracking, MIS review, planned vs. actual analysis; conducts earned value analysis, and business planning. Consolidates individual departmental budgets into operating and capital budget summaries; monitors the budget by reviewing reports and accounting records to determine if allocated funds have been spent as specified. Writes reports explaining variations and recommending revised procedures; assists in the analysis of financial data and extracts and defines relevant information; interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project a financial probability.
The BPA Contract Administrator shall perform the following tasks:
* Utilize the HHS/HRSA/CPIC framework and provide complete, reliable, consistent and timely life-cycle information to include development and cost information for qualifying projects and systematic measurement of performance. Perform integrated project management following HRSA EPLC policies, procedures, and processes.
* Conduct an Integrated Baseline Review (IRB) in accordance with the requirements within 90 days of each call order.
* Prepare and submit a monthly program management report as specified.
o Provide progress reporting for the CPIC process, including detailed monthly invoicing including labor costs (i.e. hours/staff (rates)/task), other direct and indirect costs and fees.
* Track cost, schedule and scope through EVM reports for all projects. This information shall be included in the Monthly Status Report.
o Apply and manage tasks in accordance with EVM policy and incorporate an EVM System throughout the entire BPA life-cycle.
* Microsoft Project 2010 or equivalent software to provide project status information at WBS level 3 with capability to report at any lower level.
* Performance curve graph plotting cumulative BCWS, BCWP, and ACWP on a monthly basis from inception of the agreement, with the BCWS plotted to completion and projecting the ACWP curve to the EAC value. Data will be extracted from MS Project and plotted in MS Excel.
* Perform EVM variance analysis and explain the reasons for all variances that exceed the statutory threshold of 20 percent or a lower threshold specified in the BPA; and define technical performance variance. Explain, based on work accomplished as of the date of the report, whether the performance goals will be achieved, and the impact to the cost and schedule goals.
* Submit quarterly EVM reports that summarize the monthly reports.
* Provide EPLC services such as usability studies, requirements analysis, design, development, and implementation. EPLC aligns closely with waterfall software development methodology, which can be used for major new development efforts.
* Prepare comprehensive documentation for applicable activities including those that are 508 compliant.
* Perform applicable stage gate reviews, which includes providing EPLC artifacts and documentation of the project life cycle. This also includes mitigating all issues that arise through the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and security scans that could result in a delay.
Educations and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in a related field and two (2) years of relevant experience; Associate's degree in a related field and four (4) years of relevant experience.
* Five (5) years of experience working on projects or programs with at least two (2) years of successful task lead experience.
* Experience with HHS Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) requirements, Earned Value Management (EVM), Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) frameworks.
* Experience using Microsoft Excel and Project or comparable software
* Agile software development methodology and/or waterfall software development methodology
* NIH or health care industry experience preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability