JP Morgan Chase
Blockchain Technical Software Engineer
Req #: 190010667
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
Description - BlockChain engineering team is looking for a passionate and experienced software engineer(s) to join its team of expert engineers to build out robust, enterprise level, performance and secure applications on distributed, decentralized platforms. There are multiple roles varying from full stack, distributed systems engineer to performance and applied cryptography engineer. Highly motivated person will have demonstrated experience in the area of complex, multi-disciplinary, and geographically dispersed development. The ideal candidate will have strong oral and written communication skills and organizational skills. Ideal candidate will have extensive experience in software development and related infrastructure projects in a rapidly changing environment, be able to tolerate ambiguity, and demonstrate problem leadership, creativity and innovation.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Responsible for gathering requirements, providing analysis, alternatives, and recommendations
* Collaborate with lines of business technology teams to design and build robust and performant BlockChain based solutions.
* Peer-to-peer distributed system design and implementation.
* Research, strategize and educate on methodology and best practices for Blockchain design, implementation, and deployment.
* Collaborate with a team and open source community to build and implement a block chain for Quorum - JP Morgan's Private Permissioned BlockChain Implementation
* Help design, implement, and monitor one or more line of business applications.
* Implement rigorous and thorough testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of blockchain infrastructure.
* Design and implement blockchain supporting tools and utilities(e.g., CLI client, tools for exploring the blockchain, monitoring, benchmarking or debugging tools)
* Implement rigorous and thorough monitoring and testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of Blockchain infrastructure
* Design and verify cryptographic protocols deployed in the Blockchain
* Design the Blockchain solutions, such that it can support benchmark use-cases of decentralized applications on Quorum, with proven and verified cryptographic protocols
* Instate monitoring protocols and fail-over measures.
* Collaborate with Development teams to develop integration design and where appropriate prepare estimates on design and development services for integration initiatives
* M. S. preferably in Computer Science or related field.
* 5+years of Development / Design Experience in Large Complex distributed computing environments
* Proven track record of delivering software development projects
* Extensive experience with LINUX, Ubuntu
* Understanding of security procedures and practices.
* knowledge of Backup and recovery management solutions
* Knowledge of traditional storage architecture as well as storage virtualization
* Experience with cloud services such as Amazon, Google, or Microsoft
* Familiarity with using GIT or other version control software for source code management
* Financial Industry Experience
* A working knowledge of Docker and of using the vagrant environment would be good but not essential.
* Some html, front end development would be an advantage.
* Experience of working with design thinking techniques in iterative sprints is an advantage to this role.
* Knowledge of extreme programming an advantage
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Self-starter that requires minimal supervision
* Flexible / adaptable - able to work with diverse groups of people including all levels of business management
* Excellent project management and facilitation skills
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.