What you'll be doing...
Verizon is standing up a new team focusing on Emerging Technologies to deliver building blocks for the various teams in the Verizon Consumer Group (VCG), the Verizon Business Group (VBG), and the Global Technology Services (GTS). We are looking for a SeniorBlockchain Technologist who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting a distributed blockchain-based network for various use cases at Verizon. Your primary responsibility will be analyzing requirements, designing blockchain technology to support VCG, VBG and GTS.
* Research, design, develop, and test blockchain technologies.
* Work with GTS and Business client to understand their business and technical needs and design Blockchain-based solutions that make the best use of the shared services our team is delivering.
* Brainstorm and help evaluate applications for new tools and technologies as they continually evolve.
* Document new solutions as well as maintaining that of existing ones.
* Maintain and extend current client- and server-side applications responsible for integration and business logic.
* Work with the Automation Delivery team, IT business partners, Functional consultants, and infrastructure/technology teams to meet customer requirements
* Be involved in the global blockchain community-work on implementing and integrating the latest improvement proposals.
* Evaluate and classify various blockchain implementations and map it against applicable use cases.
* Candidate must be well versed in the implementation and management of blockchain solutions, and able to build complex ones from the grounds-up without much supervision. Solutions would include Business use cases across the various Vz Business Units.
* Develop new PoC for use cases that could leverage a blockchain implementation with little to no supervision off of known GTS/IT opportunities as part of working with the VLSS team or direct observation of existing business processes.
* Mentor other team members and peers across GTS on Blockchain technology
* Take the lead in developing innovative advanced Blockchain solutions for complex application problems such as those related to exchange of intangible assets
* Work independently with minimal supervision and be an advocate for the proper placement of Blockchain-based solution across the appropriate GTS teams and applications.
* Contribute to the development of a governance process around the use and sharing of data on Blockchains, especially the public ones, on-prem and on the cloud to ensure its security and privacy. This is a process that would have significant impact on the future adoption of Blockchain that may hold or handle business or customers' data.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering fields, or related discipline.
* Four or more years of experience in software development using Python or other programming languages for corporate/organizations.
* Strong software development experience.
* Experience working with large codebases.
* Experience with Internet security.
* Experience working with open-source projects.
* Experience deploying production-grade blockchain solutions on public cloud platforms.
* Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
* Knowledge with basic cryptography.
* Knowledge with P2P networks.
* Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, for complex mission-critical solutions, experience of working in a DevOps role.
* Knowledge and experience of industry leading public IaaS solutions,such as AWS.
* Strong knowledge of bitcoin-like blockchains.
* Strong knowledge of concurrency and writing efficient and safe multithreaded code.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.