Imagine new horizons
* BIOVIA's sophisticated enterprise system of modeling, simulation, laboratory, quality and process data management allows customers to discover, design, deploy and deliver innovative sustainable and competitive products to consumers globally - http://accelrys.com/about/
* BIOVIA solutions are helping more than 2,000 companies globally in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, energy, chemicals, aerospace, consumer packaged goods and industrial products industries to enhance innovation, increase productivity, improve quality and compliance, reduce costs and accelerate time to market
* We are actively recruiting for a leader of a small but tightly knit R&D team that will usher in the new era of technological development for our Cloud initiative
What will your role be?
* Championing and developing the vision for BIOVIA's transformation from the legacy architecture towards a modern and sophisticated cloud-deployed software suite including new software development practices, philosophy and toolsets to support continuous delivery of software to the cloud
* Working closely with key stakeholders to include customer-facing entities, the Sr. R&D Director will ensure that the software development process is optimized by an in-depth review of the existing processes and will determine what improvements and adjustments to make accordingly
The challenges ahead
* This position will have the opportunity to develop and implement an appropriate management structure and occupy a key leadership role in BIOVIA's larger software development organization
* Working closely with the BIOVIA ScienceCloud and Services R&D teams to:
* Define, Validate and Evangelize Services-oriented Architecture
* Deploy Biologics Registration Service
* Deploy Unified Laboratory Management Services
* Deploy Qumas DocCompliance Services
* Contribute to the integration strategy between BIOVIA ScienceCloud and 3DEXPERIENCE Cloud
* Develop and Deliver Automated Deployment Scripts
* Develop and Deliver Automated IQ / OQ Validation Scripts Services
* Improve Performance Monitoring and Log Aggregation
* Manage the ScienceCloud team
* Work across BIOVIA portfolios on a convergent cloud strategy
* Team Leadership experience
* Systems, Web Services and Application Architecture experience
Your key success factors?
* A successful candidate will have scientific and computer science credentials sufficient to understand the full lifecycle of scientific innovation from research through manufacturing in the Life Sciences, Consumer Packaged Goods and Energy and Pertroleum industries
* Our scientific innovation cycle requires prior knowledge of Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN), Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Modeling & Simulation, and Data Science
* The ideal candidate will have prior experience deploying SaaS solutions in the Cloud from pricing to operations and also be able to execute on the integration path for ScienceCloud to merge into the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
* Scientific and computer science credentials are required, sufficient enough to understand the full lifecycle of scientific innovation from research through manufacturing in the Life Sciences, Consumer Packaged Goods and Energy and Pertroleum industries
* A successful candidate will have prior experience deploying SaaS solutions in the Cloud from pricing to operations and also be able to execute on the integration path for ScienceCloud to merge into the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks' vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
About Dassault Systemes
Dassault Systemes provides project lifecycle management solutions that enable businesses to create and share experiences in 3D.