Imagine new horizons...
Are you an energetic, motivated, and an experienced technical Manager to join our software Development team in San Diego?
BIOVIA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dassault Systèmes, provides a sophisticated enterprise system of modeling, simulation, laboratory, quality, and process data management solutions, that allows customers to discover, design, deploy and deliver innovative sustainable and competitive products to consumers globally
We support industries and organizations that rely on innovation to differentiate themselves. Our customer base includes the world's largest pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, energy, and consumer goods companies.
We provide software and services for scientists and engineers to help them do their job better, with access to data along with tools and applications to understand that data with analytical and predictive capabilities.
You enjoy a challenge?
Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world.Let's open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
What will your role be?
* You will be responsible to lead a team of enterprise software engineers.
* The individual will play a lead role in the design, development and maintenance of applications and infrastructure for the cloud and for global on-premises deployment.
* Along with your team, you will work closely with Product Managers and Quality Engineers to develop and enhance BIOVIA software products, under an agile approach with an increasing emphasis on DevOps to support the development and continuous testing of our service-oriented architectures.
The challenges ahead
* A hands-on software engineer who can take projects from design through to completion.
* Leads other engineers through the agile development process.
* Incorporates stakeholder feedback into the development cycle.
* Manages projects, schedules and people, if desired and appropriate.
* Works with Quality processes to ensure traceability of software changes.
* Ensures that design and implementation are consistent with goals for performance, capacity & scalability.
Your Key Success Factors?
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline
* You have at least 3 years of software development management experience, building on a successful track record of software development.
* Along with technical skills, you can lead your team to success in meeting functional and timeline goals.
* You can define and track measurable objectives that align with the team's goals.
* You can work with stakeholders to generate actionable requirements and to manage realistic expectations. You recognize the importance of working with technical and project management to establish a clear definition of development goals and product specifications.
* You are comfortable with collating information to report status in a compact and informative way.
* You understand what it takes to go through a release process as a vendor of commercial software.
* You understand how to build software that is robust, performant and scalable.
* Your focus is on building useful solutions and also about how they are built.
* Your strong background as a software developer and as a designer makes you a natural mentor for your team, ensuring that best engineering practices are followed.
* You understand the importance of building a testing strategy into any product development, to provide ongoing quality assurance into the future.
* You know what good software engineering looks like and how to build flexible, extensible and re-usable architectures.
* You understand the importance of building in features for scalability and availability, and understand the techniques and technologies deployed to support these goals.
* You are, of course, experienced with modern web architectures.
* You know how to avoid security pitfalls in web applications and how to design for multitenant deployment.
* You pursue constructive and rewarding communication with peers, managers, support staff, software users and all those you work with.
* You notice and act upon opportunities for continuous improvement in development and release processes. You seek to make things better for everyone.
* You have experience of scrum and how to get the most from it.
Beyond these technical and management skills, please highlight your interest and experience in any of the following:
* Machine learning and AI
* Big data stack
* Laboratory informatics
* Scientific software development - especially chemistry and biological sciences
* Image analysis and processing
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks' vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
About Dassault Systemes
Dassault Systemes provides project lifecycle management solutions that enable businesses to create and share experiences in 3D.