Bioinformatics Support Specialist
Bionano Genomics is looking for a dedicated Bioinformatics Support Specialist to support Bionano Genomics customers. The Bioinformatics Support Specialist serves as first line of customer contact on data analysis related technical inquiries and problems. This is a full-time position located in our San Diego headquarters.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Answer, evaluate, and triage incoming email and phone requests from customers
* Accurate and timely documentation of customer inquiries and problems using Salesforce.com
* Provide technical assistance of troubleshooting, and maintaining Bionano Genomics software at Bionano Compute solutions
* Manage problem recognition, documentation, evaluation, and resolution for Bionano data analysis related products in the field
* Provide critical product improvement feedback to development teams
Skills and Education Required
* Advanced degree (MS or PhD) with minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Bioinformatics or related field
* Practical experience or in-depth knowledge of sequencing and genomics methods
* Practical experience of networking and administration of Linux servers
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
* Outstanding written and verbal communication
* Customer-focused and team-player mindset
* Practical experiences with Bionano data
* Familiar with CRM (customer relationship management) product, such as Salesforce.com
* 2-3 years of experiences in a direct external customer support role with remote support session and customer training experiences
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Bionano Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.
Bionano Genomics does not accept resumes submitted by agencies. The Human Resources team is the focal point for all recruitment and hiring at the company. Agencies are asked not to contact or forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Bionano employee for consideration. Resumes are only accepted from agencies if a signed agreement is in place and therefore Bionano Genomics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About BioNano Genomics
BioNano Genomics develops nanoscale imaging and analytic platforms designed to analyze DNA and other genome-related peptides and proteins.