Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life. As part of the pipeline engineering team, you will be responsible for maintaining, improving, and adding to our catalog of production bioinformatics pipelines across an expanding set of modern assays. You will be responsible for scaling our pipelines as we work toward our goal of providing low-cost genetic answers to billions of people. You will work and learn among an extraordinary set of peers: bioinformaticians, molecular biologists, and software engineers. Your work will directly improve the quality of our product and positively impact each tested patient. We're looking for engineers who:
* Have at least 1 year of industry experience in a similar role
* Are passionate about writing clean, reusable, and composable bioinformatics pipelines
* Are familiar with, or have demonstrated interest in, genome sequencing and analysis
* Are comfortable contributing to source code for large open source projects with preference for Python knowledge
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) and data presentation skills
Bonus points for any experience with:
* Shared High-Performance Computing (HPC) environments e.g. S/UGE, LSF, and/or Amazon AWS
* Distributed Workflow managers, e.g. airflow, luigi, COSMOS
* Using and designing RESTful and RPC-style interfaces
* Docker or other containerization/virtualization
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
InVitae provides genetic diagnostics for hereditary disorders.