At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways - engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 16,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Our San Francisco office is seeking an experienced BIM Leader to lead our BIM team and develop our BIM expertise for delivery on multi-disciplinary projects. This role involves forward-looking leadership, management of people and management/delivery of a variety of exciting buildings projects.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
BIM Team Leadership & Management:
* Track new software and technology trends and work with the team to bring in new skills and tools, both within and beyond Revit. * Interface with other regional BIM leaders to align standards and share new skills and tools. * Develop BIM management capabilities in other BIM technicians. * Help teach engineers and new technicians the software skills necessary to be successful in their jobs. * Proactive leadership with the team. * Track team busyness, coordinate with other offices to share work and resource as needed, and manage overall workload balance across team. * Participate in candidate selection to meet business needs. * Work with team to ensure proper QA/QC protocols are consistently implemented and outputs meet the required standards and agreed deadlines.
* Collaborate with Owners, Clients and Contractors to develop project BIM Execution Plans and facilitate their implementation into projects, and to coordinate architectural model protocols for more efficient cleanup and integration.
* Prepare and maintain BIM models, including maintenance of referenced architectural models, BIM file management, and file transfer protocols, to allow simultaneous production by a large multi-person team without loss of productivity. * Create modeling protocols that allow for export of Revit content to analysis and visualization software and to other BIM software such as Rhino. Run scripts to improve workflow processes. * Run BIM coordination meetings with other BIM technicians and engineers to resolve conflicts.
* 7 years of experience coordinating/managing Building Information Models in the Architecture/Engineering/ Construction environment, under deadlines and with multiple disciplines contributing to BIM models. * Assoc/BS/MS degree in Engineering, Architecture, or similar building design profession - would be useful, but not absolutely necessary * Expertise with Revit (Structural and/or MEP) as demonstrated by sophisticated use of software beyond just modeling 3D content, such as families, schedules, parameter management, view template management, viewports, file transfer protocols. * Knowledge of Navisworks and experience using Navisworks for multidisciplinary coordination required; knowledge of Dynamo, Grasshopper, 360 Glue, or other parametric, fabrication or coordination tools a plus. * Experience in 3D design and coordination of multiple trades. * Ability and willingness to learn new programs as required by individual projects. * Familiarity with calculation capabilities of Revit MEP and interoperability between Revit and other software programs. * Experience with training and managing a BIM team.
* Excellent team leadership, consensus-building, and creative alternative-generation skills for driving to solutions with team buy-in, while listening for needs of each individual discipline. * Good communication skills are essential for team-based working, for verbal and written communication with clients, and teaching others about best practices in the BIM environment. * Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment. * Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges. Able to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines. * Ability to conceptualize and design practical solutions.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401K match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.