Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today's students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
* Oracle Relational Database 11g and 12c Administration including planning, analysis, coordination, support and maintenance of ERP systems such as Ellucian Banner and all components of the Unified Digital Campus (UDC) technologies such as: Banner XE, ESM, Degreeworks, ODS, EDW, Workflow, BDMS / XtenderSolutions, UC4, Touchnet, BEP, eTranscripts, and any other client applications.
* Install, configure, and maintain Oracle based technologies including Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Weblogic Server, Tomcat, and any required technologies in support of Banner and Banner components. Additional duties include and are not limited to the implementation and configuration of application components within those Banner Technologies.
* Coordinate physical and logical changes to Enterprise Databases and UDC applications by performing the following duties which may include but not limited to the following:
* Develop and implement the backup, recovery, and cloning of all databases.
* Database & application installation and maintenance according to established best practices.
* Proactively monitor and optimize system performance using tuning, optimization, AWR, ASH, and other methods.
* Acts as a technical advisor to provide detailed planning information to project coordinators to assistin
planning of service requests, implementation steps, corrective actions, upgrade
* Team-oriented individual who values opportunities to build the skills and capabilities of others, a strong sense of the possible, and a real desire to improve customer experience.
* Client Satisfaction focused - Attention to details are a must
* Superior verbal and written skills, encompassing completeunderstandingon the English language with exceptional communications skills.
* Must be able to multi-task and balance a workload among many clients.
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to work effectively with end-users and teammates, to gain their confidence, to understand their technical and operational needs and translate them into viable technical solutions.
* Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, and execute without constant supervision.
* Oracle Certified Professional Certification
* Oracle Database Administration, Installation and Configuration
* Should have real-time work experience implementing and maintaining Oracle Dataguard environment
* Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) Experience
* Good knowledge on Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
* Workflow automation of common repeatable Oracle tasks
* Experience leveraging AWS, scripting, and automation tools for installation
* Delivery Orchestration tasks on AWS
* Automated upgrade tools, familiarity with SDK's
* Global capability/compliance
* Experience in any of the ITIL complaint
* Knowledge on Cloud computing
* Application Management
* Oracle 11g Fusion Middleware - Forms and Reports experience
* Experience in Oracle Weblogic
* Tomcat administration and configuration
* Oracle RAC - Real Application Clusters experience
* Multi-lingual (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Arabic, Hindi, or others).
* AWS Solutions and Associate Certifications
* ITIL certification in IT Service Management preferred.
* Knowledge on Oracle Streams and GoldenGate
Working hours - Rotational 16 x 7 with 5 days working pattern and any 2 days week off
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.