Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
The Developer Engagement Team is looking for passionate candidates to help interact with the millions of developers on our platform. In this role, you will help Roblox by providing feedback and guidance to our international developer community. You will work with developers to ensure that our developer community remains productive and collaborative. You will also be writing developer spotlights highlighting exceptional developers within these communities in the applicable language for which you are applying. You will establish yourself as a strong community leader with the ability to proactively provide accurate information to our developers via social media and otherwise. In addition, you will actively communicate and translate announcements of new updates that will benefit millions of developers who use our platform.
This is a paid, remote, contractor position. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
* 18 years of age or older
* Knowledgeable, with a strong understanding of community processes, methodologies and best practices
* Collaborative, with excellent communication skills and capability to follow through
* Passionate about interacting with developers
* Process-driven with a clear understanding of the tasks you are assigned
* Skilled in interpersonal communication with people of all ages and backgrounds
* Driven to help empower and encourage our developer community
* Rational, with sound judgment regarding moderation
* Able to manage challenging situations and understand when to escalate issues appropriately
* An enthusiastic team worker
* Fluent in both English and the language with which you're applying
* 20 hours per week
* Flexible work schedule
Applicable Languages (fluency in reading, writing, and speaking required):
* Chinese (Simplified)
* Chinese (Traditional)
* Must be fluent in both English and one of the applicable languages listed above
* Strong communication skills in applicable language listed above
Nice to have:
* Interest in technology
* Experience interacting with young adults, teenagers and children
* Familiarity with the Roblox developer community
* Develop a solid understanding of Roblox moderation rules and guidelines
* Work with other Developer Relations teams to manage internal application processes, which include: international Developer Forum moderation and translation of announcements
* Build out a process for translating newly released articles from English to the applicable language or in reverse
* Write Developer Spotlights and engage developers via social media in the applicable language
* Be the voice of Roblox and our developer community
* Create, optimize and follow current and future processes in our team
* Proactively document new bugs & features posted in the applicable language on the Developer Forum and use internal tools to submit these, as well as keeping developers up to date in their bug report & feature request threads
* Celebrate upcoming or current international developers on the platform
Roblox - Powering Imagination.
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.