Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It supports lively discussions, encourages thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is ready to work with our associates to enhance and develop their careers at Cognizant. If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you.
* Be part of a dynamic and growing team dedicated to ensuring that Cognizant North America continues to have the skilled associates it needs to maintain its position as a growing leader in IT consulting.
* Deliver and develop technical training courses.
* Utilize facilitation and training skills that meet the requirements of the adult learner in both classroom and distance learning settings.
* Produce skilled big data engineers to deliver quality solutions.
* Instill high learning agility among trainees.
Facilitating classroom and virtual classroom (vILT) training.
* Participating in curriculum development processes for both classroom based and online training.
* Performing administrative duties related to training to include status reports, travel arrangements, expense reports, and project planning.
* Working closely with team members and clients to provide highest level excellent customer service to internal and external partners.
Desired Skills / Experiences
Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design and Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be taken into consideration in lieu of a degree.
* Experience in designing and deploying distributed computing Big Data applications using Open Source frameworks such as Apache Spark
* Utilizing programming languages like Java, Scala, Python and Open Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases and Cloud based data warehousing services such as AWS Redshift
* Utilizing Hadoop modules such as YARN & MapReduce, and related Apache projects such as Hive, HBase, Pig, and Cassandra
* Leveraging Agile and DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Terraform, Ruby, Git and Docker
* Java development for modern data engineering
* 4+ years' experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL (PostgreSQL or Redshift)
* 2+ years of experience with Cloud computing (such as AWS)
* Demonstrated ability to deliver effective training, in classroom and/or virtual classroom environments.
* Ability to apply instructional strategies and adult learning principles to design and delivery of technical content preferred.
* Ability to conduct research, collaborating with subject matter experts and gathering and interpreting relevant data.
* Ability to write clear, concise explanations of complex concepts and engaging course content for a diverse audience of professionals.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining high-quality standards.
* Experience developing big data solutions for clients.
* Experience in Big Data Engineering training or facilitation of technical content.
* Experience with pair programming.
* Strong editing and proofreading skills.
Why choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today's fast-paced market, and Cognizant has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core.
We help clients engage customers by envisioning and building creative products and services. But we don't stop there. We develop go-to-market strategies and invent entirely new business models, ensuring that every company we work with walks away with both inspiration and a plan.
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.