Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Big Data Support Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Pointnext is the innovative IT services organization-part of Hewlett Packard Enterprise-built to make Hybrid IT simple and power the Intelligent Edge. As an agile technology partner, we help our customers modernize their legacy infrastructure with the flexibility of the cloud, and maximize the value of their connected devices. We make their mission our mission: To drive rapid transformation across an enterprise on a customer's terms.
About HPE Enterprise Group (EG) Pointnext
HPE Enterprise Group Pointnext is a global service provider and business integrator delivering solutions with speed, power, precision, and passion. HPE Enterprise Group is responsible for the development and delivery of the IT infrastructure solutions at the core of the world's largest and fastest growing organizations, which includes servers, storage, networking, technology services, converged data center infrastructure, Telco and cloud solutions. As part of EG, Pointnext provides world-class support and consulting services for Hewlett Packard Enterprise products and solutions.
With over 6000 consultants and project managers in 110 countries, Pointnext assists clients in realigning their IT strategies and making the best use of technology to create or capitalize on business opportunities. We offer onsite services, Internet and global technology solutions to multi-site, multi-national businesses, including manufacturing, telecom, automotive, energy, financial services, and other key industries. Services range from warranty and product support to proactive mission-critical and business continuity services, deployment and performance services, security, and integrated support for complex multi-vendor environments.
About HPE Pointnext Global Data, Artificial Intelligence and Emerging Technology CoE
The Data, AI and Emerging Technology Centre of Excellence (COE) is a rapidly growing part of the worldwide Pointnext organization within the client services group. The COE focuses on creating innovative technology solutions which leverage technology in the data science, artificial intelligence and analytics arenas; on enabling the field with industrialized, repeatable products; and on researching and incubating emerging technology to determine how they might apply to our customers and facilitate positive outcomes.
The CoE is the go-to organization within HPE for customer-focused solutions, and services product offerings around analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning. It is expanding its portfolio to include emerging technologies and data science.
Customer Solution Centers are made up of teams that provide remote (offsite) service; customer access, pre-sales, post-sales, and service delivery. Technical teams focus is to solve various business systems and applications problems for customers, onsite engineering personnel and Authorized Service Providers on standard, specialized or complex systems.
* Successfully resolve technical issues (hardware and software) from incoming internal or external businesses and end user's contacts and proactive notification systems.
* Respond to service, product, technical, and customer- relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (warranty through mission- critical). .
* Proactively assist internal or external businesses and end users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence.
* Ability to act as a mentor and guide other employees. Ability to provide direction and guidance to process improvements.
* Ability to articulate clearly, recommend and explain resolutions /clients.
* Understand and utilize ITIL.
* Represent the company in a face to face customer location visit, industry conference/trade show, vendor meeting, etc.
Education and Experience Required:
* First Level University degree: a) technical, b) non-technical (i.e., Bachelor of Arts/ Science). Typically 3-4 year completion beyond High School level, BA/BS or equivalent experience.
* 5-7 years experience in relevant technologies and customer environments.
* 3 years of Hadoop administration experience desired.
* Docker container experience would be nice.
* Blue Data software experience would be nice.
* Relevant industry qualification where applicable.
* Hands-on experience with servers, storage, networking and software technology related to Big Data.
* Experience in supporting Enterprise customer requirements.
* Ability to work in shifts and on weekends (mandatory)
* Applicant should have core technical proficiency in a minimum of two areas
* Big Data
* Affinity and understanding of Hadoop Big Data architecture is a prerequisite
* Experience with Bluedata software is desirable
* High analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Commitment and attitude to deliver high quality solution (holistic) support
* Be part of a support team at a worldwide level
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
It is imperative that the applicant possess the right attitude to embrace changes in technology and demonstrates the ability to work outside their comfort zone in gaining skills on all components in the solution stack.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you.
Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise operates as a technology company.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise