Big Data Software Engineer
Req #: 190042634
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you're equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you'll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You'll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You'll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You'll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
* Development of large scale big data solution to be used in a very large production environment.
* Gather, analyze and maintain large data sets to provide answers to address hurdles and create innovative solutions in large-scale data infrastructures.
* Design, build/develop, maintain, test and assess big data solutions.
* Focus on the development of tools and technologies that are at the core of the company's capabilities to manage, monitor and hunt for cybersecurity incidents.
* System, network and application troubleshooting.
* Provide engineering support for cyber security products developed
* Experience with Hadoop ecosystem: Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive/Pig, Impala/Drill
* Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills
* Independent problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing
* Ability to write and debug administrative and reporting tools in some programming languages (Java or Python preferred… Scala & Shell a plus)
* A solid understanding of Unix-based operating systems, including paging/swapping, IPC, drivers and filesystem (inode, partitions, etc.)
* Experience with host and network security (identity/password management, ACLs, file permissions and integrity)
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing documentation, training users in complex topics, making presentations to junior and very senior audience
* Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while remaining productive and professional; exercise patience and ability to multi task
Skills desired: - Having skills in the below areas is a major plus that will help the candidate integrate within the team and environment but is *not a requirement*.
* Experience with Data Science: MLlib, Scikit, h2o, TensorFlow, Caffe, Singa, etc.
* Experience with NoSQL stacks: ElasticSearch, HBase, Cassandra
* Experience with messaging and data transport tools: Kafka, NiFi, LogStash, Syslog-ng, rsyslog
* Experience with Link Analysis tools and Graph technologies (Neo4j, JanusGraph)
* Experience with data visualization tools: Hue, Kibana, Qlikview, Tableau
* Experience with Cloud (AWS, Azure, …)
* Experience with resource management (Yarn queues, Impala pools)
CTC (Cybersecurity & Technology Controls)
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
We are looking for multi-disciplined forward-looking technologists like you with diverse backgrounds and experiences including in areas such as cybersecurity, big data, machine learning risk management and controls, compliance and oversight, cloud security.
Tech at JPMC
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.