Big Data Java Software Engineer
Req #: 190028267
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment. Comfortable in a fast dynamic environment with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Strong analysis, research, investigation and evaluation skills, with a structured approach to problem solving
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to lead/manage large conference calls. Comfortable providing clear problem descriptions and guidance to business users in a time critical environment.
* Experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups.
* Familiarity with Machine Learning/AI algorithms is desired.
* Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
* Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills are required.
* Exposure to Business Intelligence tools like SSRS, Tableau, Qlik is plus.
* Banking and/or financial services industry experiences a plus.
* Strong desire to learn new technology.
* Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering or related field (or equivalent work experience)
Primary responsibilities in this role will be:
* 5+ years of experience in Core Java, J2EE with advance Java skills in open-source Java-based frameworks and tools including Apache Spark, Spring Frameworks.
* Strong understanding of SQL is required with experience in working with RDBMS Databases like Oracle/Sybase/MS SQL.
* Experience in Web Services development, including REST services using Dependency Injection and ORM Frameworks (Java Persistence API/JPA, Hibernate).
* Good understanding of OOD/OOP and software design patterns is must.
* Experience with Test Driven Development - JUnit, Mocking frameworks, Selenium is plus.
* Good understanding of SLDC/CI/CD/DevOps/Agile Development is required.
* Working proficiency in developmental tool sets like Eclipse, IntelliJ, Git, Jenkins is required.
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.