What is it like to be the engineering leader for a finance organization supporting sales of $100B in a growing startup? Are you passionate about developing & building solutions, big data modeling, building business intelligence platforms for large enterprises, enjoy solving complex analytical problems - all in a challenging, fast paced environment?
Consumer International continues to grow in size and complexity, and we are looking for a dynamic, and customer-focused leader who is interested in shaping our long-term analytics strategy, as well as our data architecture, and data engineering roadmap. This role will influence the way we assess current and future strategic analysis, while providing guidance to teams around data requirements and structures that can be scaled on a global basis.
The right candidate will be passionate about working with large data sets for well established and emerging businesses. You will design, build and streamline data infrastructure, define methodologies, and create self-service business reporting and insight tools for Consumer International. You will work closely with our global BI teams to influence the direction of our global analytics and business intelligence roadmaps.
Outstanding leadership will be required to work across several Amazon's Business teams. The work may include working and leading Data/BI Engineers, Software Developers, Finance, and Business teams. The role requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, a keen attention to detail, and a strong understanding of finance. Independence and entrepreneurial ability to work with minimal direction and rapid prototyping is a must.
This is an opportunity to be part of Amazon's growth story around the world, driving best practices while addressing the unique challenges of doing business in different countries, time zones, and currencies.
* Hire, Develop and Mentor a high-performance team of technical resources.
* Manage day to day activities of the Finance Tech Team via Agile/Scrum methodologies
* Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
* Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to leadership
* Build and maintain inter team relationships and be the chief point of contact for the business CFO and Director of FP&A.
* Develop Long term vision and translate that into an achievable road map.
* Problem Solving and reducing ambiguity of road map to achieve task delivery dates.
* Deep dive into finance operational issues and suggest corrective solutions.
* Use your knowledge to architect data warehousing and BI solutions that solve problems that cut across Amazon business functions
* Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, and BI solutions.
* Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL (Redshift, Oracle) and ability to use a major programming (e.g. Java/C) and/or a scripting language (Perl, Unix shell) to process data for modeling
* Act as a product owner: leading customer utilization research projects to better understand how your customers are using your product.
* Recognize, adopt and spread best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
Tech Specific responsibilities:
* Increase productivity of tech team.
* Influence and challenge team during design discussions to come up with scalable and economical solutions using AWS technologies.
* Knowledge with storing and processing very large data volumes with high data quality standards
* Lead team and optimize writing of scripts and SQL code to deep dive data quality problems on a regular basis.
* Design and develop web end-user interface for reporting and analytical tools with emphasis on customer experience.
* Knowledge of AWS Technologies (Elastic Search, Elastic Map Reduce, Redshift, S3, Simple Work Flows)
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.