Big Data Engineer
Req #: 190041212_1
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and skills including:
* 5+ years' experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation
* 2+ years' experience with building large scale big data applications
* Experience building Data Lake using Cloudera or Hortonworks distributions
* Hands-on experience in HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn & Hive
* Extensive experience in Spark leveraging Python, Scala or R.In depth knowledge of Java 8 and hands-on Java knowledge is required
* Experience working on 1 or more NoSQL Databases such as Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elastic Search
* Hands on experience with building CI/CD
* Experience with private cloud - PCF
* Experience in developing software solutions leveraging Test Driven Development (TDD)
* Expertise in Data governance and Data Quality
* Experience working with PCI Data is a plus
* Experience working with Data Scientists
* In depth knowledge of OO and SOLID design principles
* Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering big data projects using Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and related stack on premise or cloud
* Able to tune big data solutions to improve performance
* Excellent understand of Spring framework
* Experience with Oracle databases
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.