Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the "Healthiest Companies" in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite's philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer's Association to name a few.
We have been rated a "Fastest Growing Companies" by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
Work on Granite's Big Data platform utilizing the Cloudera Distribution including Hadoop (CDH). Work on batch and near real time processes to load structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data into HDFS and/or Kudu storage systems. This position offers a great opportunity to work with cutting edge, open source technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for understanding business problems and proposing the most fitting solutions using Oracle and/or SQL Server database technology.
* Hands on Database Performance and Scalability.
* Superior communications skills.
* Knowledge of standards for physical and logical database schema/table design and programming.
* Evaluate and recommend enhancements in order to increase application efficiency, capacity, and responsiveness to users.
* Ensure maximum design efficiency and functionality in the creation and layout of systems and database objects.
* ETL Development using SSIS
* Experience with SQL Server / Oracle
* Reporting and analytic Tool experience (e.g. Reporting Services, PowerPivot, Power BI, Sharepoint BI)
* Experience with Hadoop Technologies Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Flume, Spark
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent documentation and organizational skills
About Granite Telecommunications
Granite is one of the premier telecommunications solutions provider for businesses across the United States and Canada. With unparalleled North American coverage, Granite is the leading corporate phone service provider to multi-location companies through our scalable solutions, customized to manage all your local, regional and national locations.